Travis

Re: Song Showdown - News & Discussion
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 11:20 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
What are you guys arguing about? ;)

Not sure.

Anyway, I was saying, when was it that I said that you said that I implied that you insinuated that I quite like Side really but Before You Were Young is better than most stuff that I say that you said that I liked.

Ha, I've got you now ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
Now Now Ben and James!!! end of round one, put the gloves away :-)
It's funny how we all have such varied opinions of songs. I still love Sing though some people are seeing it as slightly irritating now. Get Up just doesn't do it for me -it's bland, repetitive etc :-P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
I wasn't arguing. Just a bit of fun. :) Yes James? Certaintly not an argument from this end. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
I've actually changed my mind about Before You Were Young, think it's one of the best tracks from Ode now!

It has really grew on me! Now I find the lyrics beautiful in their simple way and Frans voice in the chorus is suitable for the track ;)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I wasn't arguing. Just a bit of fun. :) Yes James? Certaintly not an argument from this end. :)

Yep, no argument this end either. Lol. Though I may have just shifted this conversation into another thread accidentally ;)

What else can we discuss about the showdown?... Ah, how about the AIWTDIR v Driftwood battle so that I can make sure Driftwood gets some coverage. :P I know that it is one of many great songs on TMW but it has the most cohesive brilliant lyrics ever and it could easily have been a poem if it didn't have a kick-ass melody too... but it does! Don't add your voices to the brutal butchery of bloody brilliant ballads!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
I voted for Driftwood. Travis classic. Wonderful song. Can't promise I'll vote for it in the next round though as there are quite a few I'd put above it. Side being one, of course. ;) LOL But it is brilliant, the video is too. :) Lucky kids.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
I think Driftwood is in my top 5, maybe top 3, who knows it might even be numer ONE...

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I voted for Driftwood. Travis classic. Wonderful song.

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I think Driftwood is in my top 5, maybe top 3, who knows it might even be number ONE...

Thanks for those soundbites gentlemen ;) Good choice! I don't think Driftwood is the best Travis song but it's certainly my favourite because of the emotional attachment, and emotional attachment is why we love Travis.

PS. I'm not expecting it to last forever, but out in the first round (the previous round was a murdering spree without a number) wouldn't be good.

PPS. Thanks for the friend request Mr Boy, sorry I don't know your name!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
My name is Alex, you can call me Al =)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Urgh I'm going to have to count up all those votes soon... the first proper round is always the worst lol.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
OK, thanks for the friend request Al!

Luke, I can tell you that as of now Driftwood has 30 votes and AIWTDIR has 18. Yeah!!! Not that I'm counting or anything... ahem.

It will be even harder to count if the board is running as slowly as it is at the moment, good luck :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

It will be even harder to count if the board is running as slowly as it is at the moment, good luck :)

Yeah :( Think they need to replace the servers or something..

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Urgh I'm going to have to count up all those votes soon... the first proper round is always the worst lol.

Best of luck with that mate... (Don't interrupt Luke when he's counting)
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-16298746.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B4CEF2CD3-F4E7-4145-B2BC-3E9C0BB13173%7D

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
Lol. I've had enough counting for a while, done the first 21 votes, going to take a break. :P

Don't expect Round 2 to come any time soon folks. xD

Edit: Counted most of the votes now. Voting is now closed. Will have the next round up by the end of tomorrow.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Lol. I've had enough counting for a while, done the first 21 votes, going to take a break. :P

Don't expect Round 2 to come any time soon folks. xD

Edit: Counted most of the votes now. Voting is now closed. Will have the next round up by the end of tomorrow.

While you're still counting, could you have Get Up pickled separately and give it to me? Still mourning.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:57 PM