Travis

Re: Death penalty or not?
OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Death penalty...

I do not agree with it. I'm sure I could react differently if it was the murder of someone close to me but... Killing/Making suffer the murderer doesn't get anyone anywhere. When someone dies, as tragis as it may be, you can't bring him back. Jail should do pretty fine.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Exactly, I'm actually a 2nd Class Marksman with a Lee Enfield 303 mkIV and an Enfield L85 (SA80).

However even though I do enjoy shooting these guns, I would have no problem whatsoever leaving them at a gun club in a "safe room" I see no reason to have this type of weapon at home.

Dubz

expert baby ! , When they were still using the A1's I loved to do the full auto thing with tracers at night . But cleaning out the carbon was a nightmare

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 4:26 AM Quote
NOOOOOoooo...

anyways, besides the fact that people are wrongly convicted, death is a pretty easy way to get off is someone killed a person you care about...the death penalty seem like an archaic way to deal with criminals.

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 4:46 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Dubz, i think i misread your post the first time. You were saying that Canada has more guns, but less violence (essentially?).
Im not sure there is a way to prove that for sure because hand gun ownership in Canada is essentially illegal. So i dont know how their would be stats on that are 100% accurate. However, i just read that 27% of Canadians own guns. That being said, i would bet that a large majority of those are for hunting considering the huge amount of wilderness in Canada. gun ownership in urban communities is significantly lower. Furthermore, all firearms have to be registered and the owner has to be licensed with the government. Even people like security guards cant carry guns.
In contrast, ive just read that approx 25% of american adults own guns. So, similar numbers on that front. As to how that breaks down with handguns/hunting riffles, i have no idea. Anyone know how gun licensing works in the US?

From what I know, there are alot of canadians who do own guns, but your right, mostly all rural, for hunting or protection on farms. And it is ALOT harder to get a licence for a handgun, let alone any carzy assult rifle. The government pretty much makes you jump through hoops, mostly in Ontario. But yeah, If anyone knows anything about american firearm licencing, id like to know too...

bara
bara Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
some news in that case?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 7:05 PM