Travis

Coming Around
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
http://www.travisonline.com/band/view.php?v=295520aa9377d3f2a62816dd5b7454df.jpg

Well I found this postcard from Fran about Coming around and it says: "It is the first single off the next record which we'll be recording in October..." So the first thought was that Coming Around was going to be included on The Invisible Band? What's the reason that it didn't made it? The different sound/landscape of the other songs Fran had written for the album? Or the time between Coming Around and the release of The Invisible Band?

Re: Coming Around
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 1:59 PM Quote
I had a little look around and found this about The Man Who on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who

"In Ireland a limited edition contained the track 'Coming Around' (at No. 8) and a bonus acoustic 3 track EP."

"Initial pressings of the U.S. version contain additional hidden tracks "20" and "Only Molly Knows"

Is this true? Are there people out there with 20 and Only Molly Knows as album-tracks(well hidden-tracks)? What a surprise, I didn't know that...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
hmm maybe I should stop talking to myself now ^^

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
This has come up on the board before because I said something about "well 20 isn't a B-side since it's a hidden track on The Man Who" and people from other countries (even some Americans) said, "what are you smoking??"

So yes I have the American version that has those songs on it.

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
I have The Man Who with bonuses Blue Flashing Light, 20, Only Molly Knows...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
It's weird that there's so different versions of the albums... Ode was released in Japan with Sarah as bonus track, is this song more suitable for Japan? :P

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
It's weird that there's so different versions of the albums... Ode was released in Japan with Sarah as bonus track, is this song more suitable for Japan? :P

Japan always gets more bonus tracks, I think it might be because they don't have many singles or b-sides there. Not sure about the answer to your original question!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

And I think in the UK(if i'm not mistaken) Perfect Heaven Space came as a bonus track with BWNN...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 4:38 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Japan always gets more bonus tracks, I think it might be because they don't have many singles or b-sides there. Not sure about the answer to your original question!

I'm not sure that's the reason. In that case we should get bonus tracks too, but we don't :oP.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
Sweden should get more bonustracks too in that case ;)

Wasn't 12:th Memory, which was a bonus track on the Japanese version of 12 memories, a bit Japan-inspired? Don't know how to put it, but Travis seem to have a special place for Japan in their hearts though ;)

How do they reason when they decide which countries that gets more bonustracks? Like why did Ireland get Coming Around on their version of The Man Who?
And why did the U.S get Ring Out The Bell and You Don't Know What I'm Like on their version of The Invisible Band?

Yes I'm bitter ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Don't know why certain countries get tracks and others don't. It is usually Japan that gets the bonus track or two. Not just Travis. A lot of bands. 3/4 Muse albums were released with a bonus track in Japan but there are a lot more. Strange.

icmntsteve
icmntsteve Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
Im pretty sure the reason that certain countries get bonus tracks is because their release dates are after the UK. They add all these bonus tracks to stop people importing from the UK and therefore help maintain a sales position in their own country therefore max exposure/radioplay etc etc. Weezer did it with their latest album but it was the the UK version that got the bonus tracks as the UK release date was after the US release date. I hope that makes sense?!

yonan
yonan Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
actually the reason why Japan always got bonus tracks is because in Japan, the price for imported CDs (from UK or US) is actually cheaper than the local-released ones. so they put extra songs to encourage people to buy the local version.

and this is not only happening with CDs, EVERYTHING is more expensive in Japan :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
yonan wrote:
actually the reason why Japan always got bonus tracks is because in Japan, the price for imported CDs (from UK or US) is actually cheaper than the local-released ones. so they put extra songs to encourage people to buy the local version.

and this is not only happening with CDs, EVERYTHING is more expensive in Japan :D

Oh, I thought everything was much cheaper in Japan :O

yonan
yonan Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 3:26 AM Quote
CDs are around USD20-25 there, check out www.cdjapan.co.jp if you want to see

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:38 PM