Travis

awkward working situations ...
cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
its getting me down, I love my job just not working with some of the people I have to work with.

Re: awkward working situations ...
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
Me too. I just had to speak my mind earlier this week, and I really told some people what I thought of them and their behaviour. I felt entirely justified in what I was saying, and that it needed to be said.

If you word it carefully, you can get it off your chest, and come out on top.

I've been overwhelmed with apologies from the 3 people who annoyed me. It almost didn't matter that 2 of them were stupid enough to entirely miss the point I was making. Too subtle for their pea brains. But they got the message loud and clear that I was very angry and approximately why.

Speak your mind. You'll feel better for it. And, provided you say it right, you should get the results you want. Good luck.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
Thanks Tonie, well done for speaking your mind.

My problem is similar, little bit different. I've to deal with a chef who tried it on with me months back (who I knocked back on the account he's married with a kid and works away from home), things have been awkward since then obviously, have tried to banter back and forth but been getting sulky moods thrown at me. I'd just happened to say to someone the other week that we didn't get on and it went back to that. That got reported back and as usual, taken out of context. So he had a go at me the other night and put it all on to me, saying I'd continued to be off with him after the initial chat he had with me so he "lost interest" (his words not mine). Quite annoying cos he's not understood he's to blame himself for so much of it, I accept I've maybe been 'off'. He was actually supposed to be leaving the other week cos his time was up but has decided to stay til Xmas. Was telling my mum about it and she's told me that i'm dealing with this better than usual and to keep it up and ignore him. I might be having a word yet tho. I move departments at work tomorrow tho so won't be dealing with him the same. Probably a blessing.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
I've had the complete opposite situation before. I hated my job, but LOVED the ppl I worked w/.

That sounds like a crappy situation you're in. I haven't got any advice except what your mom said. Stick w/ it. Stay positive.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
I've never had that before! Well, I move departments tomorrow, so my dealings with him are limited from now on. I have actually wanted to move departments for a while for other reasons, cos I love that job more ... and now I've got people saying 'you're only changing job cos you want to avoid him'. totally wrong.

I know, I've put up with this since the end of august now, he was only supposed to work here a month but he keeps rolling it over. GRR. So he's now here til Xmas, hoping to god he'll go then. Any longer and i may scream lol!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
cosmic wrote:
Thanks Tonie, well done for speaking your mind.

My problem is similar, little bit different. I've to deal with a chef who tried it on with me months back (who I knocked back on the account he's married with a kid and works away from home),

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tried it on with me" but that sounds like sexual harrasment to me.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 11:30 PM Quote
he tried to pull me basically. Can't do anything about it, it happened outwith working hours and he was drunk ... not in the scope of his employment, happened in the cottage they were staying in but not really linked. (i'm a law student, done this stuff ad infinitum lol). Nevermind, just came off shift, he wasn't on tonight but one of the chefs that went to him saying what I said was ... felt like public enemy no. 1 ... nevermind, I start in the bar tomorrow, no longer have to deal with them. Thank god!

physke
physke Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 6:57 AM Quote
Similar situation.. I love my job and my boss is also great. But there is one other employee that I hate to work with. I've been trying to ignore her ignorance about the job until now but the more she does the job bad, the more I have to perfect. I am spending hours to correct her mistakes but at the end we are receiving the same payment!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:18 AM