Re: OBAMA
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
Don't jinx it :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
No Jinx - Cert- Nothing more certain.

What an interesting time this will be :)

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
I reckon it will be a lot closer than most people expect though. McCain has some appeal to many U.S. voters. If you put aside the assumption (which most of us Europeans came to a bit too hastily) that him being elected would be catastrophic for the world, then you'll see the attraction. For a country which has had a perceived threat from abroad (note the word "perceived") and is quite widely disliked (as all superpowers have been throughout history), the slogan "country first" would tempt some people, in the discretion of the polling station, to just say: "you know what? He's right; f**k 'em."

I stress that isn't how I'd vote, but look at the last U.S. elections; it was supposedly near-impossible for "dumb George double-ya" to get in again. Granted, there was the issue of a recount or two, but if an election is decided that closely, it does give you pause for thought.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:33 AM Quote

Yeah he'll win it, especially now he has the sympathy vote with his "white" granny snuffing it just before the polls open.

Dubz

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:43 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah he'll win it, especially now he has the sympathy vote with his "white" granny snuffing it just before the polls open.

Dubz

I watched the 2nd episode of this series of Have I Got News For You (The one with with Alexander Armstrong), aired not last Friday but the one before, and Franks Skinner actually said: "What would happen if he grandma died the day before the election?"

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:45 AM Quote

I actually caught that episode !!

Frank Skinner must be the new Nostradamus.

Dubz

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
Obama's just won the first 2 early voting towns (Knoxville and Hart's Location).

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
I hope with all my heart that he's gonna win !! Won't sleep all night just to wait for the results..

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Yeah!
:D
He'll win!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 11:30 PM Quote

I am really looking forward to resurrecting this thread in a couple of years time when you are all bitching and moaning about how much of a cunt he turned out to be !!!!

Dubz

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 8:11 AM Quote
Dear American boardies!

Congratulations for your new president called Barack Obama! I nearly cried when I watched TV this morning at 6 (Swiss time) and saw he's won!!!! That's such a great victory!

First I got a big shock, because when I turned the TV on, Obama just said: "Congratulations to John McCain and Sarah Palin" and I thought: "NOOO, that bloody can't be!" but then I saw that there was a text-line beneath the picture: "Barack Obama - President Of The United States Of America"! ;)

spid
spid Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 8:31 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I am really looking forward to resurrecting this thread in a couple of years time when you are all bitching and moaning about how much of a cunt he turned out to be !!!!

Dubz

oooo - you cynic you

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 8:38 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Yeah, nice how they got the timing right on that one right?

*rolls eyes*

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 8:52 AM Quote
It's the best outcome. I'm pleased for America and for the rest of the world.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:33 PM