Travis

Re: 'unpopular' Travis songs you love
leticia
leticia Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
steeler62 wrote:
3 times and you loose probably have to be my favorute. The guitars are awsome.

I also like 3 Times and You Loose... great song and melody.

Some Sad Song is beautiful!!! *sigh*

What about Funny Thing and Quicksand? They are one of my favourites too.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:00 PM Quote
Funny Thing is close to being an all-time fave of mine.

It's so simple, probably not Fran's finest songwriting moment with some slightly daft lyrics anout it all going to your head because the sky was red (?), but there's something so brilliant about it. I think it's the vocals, they absolutely soar, and it just builds and builds, it's THE song that I always find myself singing along to when it comes on my mp3 player, love it.

I love Falling Down too, come to think of it. The shower, ballad-y moments from Good Feeling tend to be overshadowed by the brilliance of More Than Us, but they're top drawer.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:25 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
steeler62 wrote:
3 times and you loose probably have to be my favorute. The guitars are awsome.

I also like 3 Times and You Loose... great song and melody.

Some Sad Song is beautiful!!! *sigh*

What about Funny Thing and Quicksand? They are one of my favourites too.

I love 'Quicksand' but don't like 'Funny Thing'.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
I'm not keen on those songs on Good Feeling, apart from More Than Us. The other slow ones aren't so great. They're good and i enjoy them all (except I Love You Anyways which is one of my least favourite album tracks), especially Funny Thing but they went on to make similar songs sooooo much better. :) It's the bouncy rocky stuff that makes Good Feeling so great. I don't know if we'll get songs like that again. I think Long Way Down is the closest they've got but it lacks that bright spark that U16 girls has for example.

I love Quicksand. It's brilliant. :) I'd like to give a shout out to Follow The Light. One of the first Travis songs i fell in love with. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Paperclips and all the ones on 12 Memories a lot of peeps don't like. It's an incredible album, really

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'm not keen on those songs on Good Feeling, apart from More Than Us. The other slow ones aren't so great. They're good and i enjoy them all (except I Love You Anyways which is one of my least favourite album tracks), especially Funny Thing but they went on to make similar songs sooooo much better. :) It's the bouncy rocky stuff that makes Good Feeling so great. I don't know if we'll get songs like that again. I think Long Way Down is the closest they've got but it lacks that bright spark that U16 girls has for example.

I love Quicksand. It's brilliant. :) I'd like to give a shout out to Follow The Light. One of the first Travis songs i fell in love with. :)

I like most of the songs off 'Good Feeling' but there are a few I don't like. I don't like 'Midsummer Night's Dreaming', 'Funny Thing' or 'Good Day To Die'. I really like all the other songs on 'Good Feeling' tho. I was made up they played 'Falling Down' and 'More Than Us' in Liverpool the other month aswell as 'Tied To The 90's' which is another great song off 'Good Feeling'. I agree with you on U16 Girls that's one of my favourites. I also love 'Follow The Light' aswell, you have taste my friend :-D

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
I Love You Anyways! It could be my all time favorite Travis song..at least it's there at the top..

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
I love the end of Good Feeling, does that count as unpopular? The purest songs Travis have ever done, simple piano riff, simple melody, simply brilliant :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I like most of the songs off 'Good Feeling' but there are a few I don't like. I don't like 'Midsummer Night's Dreaming', 'Funny Thing' or 'Good Day To Die'. I really like all the other songs on 'Good Feeling' tho. I was made up they played 'Falling Down' and 'More Than Us' in Liverpool the other month aswell as 'Tied To The 90's' which is another great song off 'Good Feeling'. I agree with you on U16 Girls that's one of my favourites. I also love 'Follow The Light' aswell, you have taste my friend :-D

Midsummer Nights Dreamin seems to be one a lot of people dislike or aren't so keen on. I really like it. And Good Day To Die is one of my favourite Travis rockers! Falling Down was AMAZING to hear live in February (not so wow on the recorded version) and we had More Than Us too. Great concert. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Midsummer Nights Dreamin seems to be one a lot of people dislike or aren't so keen on. I really like it. And Good Day To Die is one of my favourite Travis rockers! Falling Down was AMAZING to hear live in February (not so wow on the recorded version) and we had More Than Us too. Great concert. :)

Congratulations, you've picked my two least favourite from Good Feeling :) Good Feeling suits my mood for today though, so I can't bring myself to complain much about either *goes to play air-guitar along to U16 Girls again*

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Hey! Do you have the audio of Falling Down live? : )

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Hey! Do you have the audio of Falling Down live? : )

Unfortunately not no. But i do have 2 minutes of video that i took. :) Even though it isn't the whole song, it is a great video, even if i say so myself. lol I'll upload to YouTube later. :)

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Unfortunately not no. But i do have 2 minutes of video that i took. :) Even though it isn't the whole song, it is a great video, even if i say so myself. lol I'll upload to YouTube later. :)

Wow! Thanks a lot!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Wow! Thanks a lot!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=av-w5KGRJcg

Looks like i didn't need to upload it really. Quite a few others there, including one from the same gig! lol It's there anyway. :)

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!! I have to admit I didn't look it on you tube before, that's why I didn't see those vids.

Now, what's up with that moustache Fran?! ajajajaaj I have never seen it before! Well, only in "My Eyes" clip, but I guess that one was fake (wasn't it?).

Thanks again :)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:28 PM