Travis

Re: 'unpopular' Travis songs you love
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:23 AM Quote
The following broadcast is an advertisement

Make sure to all tune your internet browsers in to Song Showdown, where you can find out which Travis songs are a cut above the rest! Do you feel the locked up potential of The Cage needs to be released? Perhaps you think Happy To Hang Around has been hanging around the sidelines for too long. YOUR CHANCE TO END SUCH INJUSTICES IS NIGH! Arriving at your favourite forum in just two weeks time! Song Showdown: where every vote counts!

If you have any questions regarding Song Showdown, or have been affected by the content of this advertisement, then please contact our helpline. Our cheery staff at TTRY corp are happy to answer every query or problem! [statement truthfulness subject to availability of staff. Terms and conditions apply.]

Thank you for listening to this advertisement. You may now continue normal browsing

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
LOL

Very nice Luke. ;)

I don't think The Sea is a popular b-side. I personally think it's one of the worst Travis songs. It's about the only one i actually dislike out of all 140 or so of them. I know i say i don't like Get Up but it's ok. I enjoy it. I sing along, i don't skip it even. But there are a few that i just do not like. The Sea being one of them.

And i know Coming Around was a big hit but it isn't mentioned on here much. Partly because it wasn't on an album, it is forgotten easily. I want to hear it live sooo much. It's probably the one i want to hear most now. I would scream my head off if i saw that on a set list soon. lol

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:50 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know quite a few people have said they don't like The Great Unknown and yet it's one of my favourite b-sides.

I'm with you on The Great Unknown, it's a massive tune. Would sound great live. It's pretty awesome lyrically as well.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:57 AM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I know quite a few people have said they don't like The Great Unknown and yet it's one of my favourite b-sides.

I'm with you on The Great Unknown, it's a massive tune. Would sound great live. It's pretty awesome lyrically as well.

You're right. It would sound amazing live. :) Maybe one day...

noreply9
noreply9 Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:01 AM Quote
I would say Luv and Falling Down

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:35 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Bellringer wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

You're right. It would sound amazing live. :) Maybe one day...

I LOVE The Great Unknown as well. Great, great song :o). Would be awesome if they could play it at a gig some time *hint hint* ;o)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 8:35 AM Quote
Rock and salad roll.

owenlee
owenlee Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
I love:
The Fear
As You Are
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Some Sad Song
Big Chair
Sailing Away

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
LOL @ Luke!! >.< Nice way to build the suspense. :P
I'm very excited for this showdown!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:49 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I don't think The Sea is a popular b-side. I personally think it's one of the worst Travis songs.

It's probably one of my favourite b-sides lol.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:55 AM Quote
I love The Sea too haha. And The Great Unknown.
Falling Down is brilliant.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I don't think The Sea is a popular b-side. I personally think it's one of the worst Travis songs.

I listened to it again last night to check if I was wrong. I wasn't. I find it so miserable. One of about 5/130+ Travis songs I dislike. But you enjoy it... somehow! lol

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I listened to it again last night to check if I was wrong. I wasn't. I find it so miserable. One of about 5/130+ Travis songs I dislike. But you enjoy it... somehow! lol

LOL! xD
I love it!!! I love Fran's voice on it too. It sounds so deep :o)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:18 PM Quote
I think The Sea is a classic, it's brilliant. If Dear Diary and Broken Mirror are atmospheric then The Sea's on a different level totally, I love its bleakness and the way it kind of shimmers. Definitely one of my fave b-sides, so NEH-NEH-NEH-NEH-NEH. :)

The Great Unknown - for me - is completely forgettable along with a lot of the TBWNN era b-sides like This Love, You Bring Me Down, The Day To Day...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:21 PM Quote
Fran has the best voice of any band I think. I love his voice. And on these new songs plus the b-sides ( definitely Used To Belong. ;) ) it's better than ever...

But I don't like it on The Sea. That's the main reason I dislike it. I don't think I dislike any album track. I skip some from time to time but I think I like all of them. I LOVE 80% of them. :) So my next song to add is Midsummer Nights Dreamin because I really like it, and yet it seems to be a song people aren't so keen on.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:48 AM