Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 28 Dec, 2011 11:52 AM Quote
Pretty bad all round to be honest, I know the original "Bones" McCoy, was playfully slagged for his ham acting but Jeezy Chreezy this new guy is way over the top. The storyline and plot had so many holes in it, it was ludicrous. It was full of symbolism and "in" jokes. Oh yeah and I used to quite admire Simon Pegg but his fake Scottish tartan shortbread tin accent just made him sound like Ewen McGregor (btw that's a bad thing even McGregor doesn't sound authentically Scots), All in all a pretty poor show, Sorry.

http://fcdn.filmonic.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/star-trek-uk-poster.jpg

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 28 Dec, 2011 11:58 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo ....

The Daniel Craig version ?? How was it ?

I bought the Swedish trilogy on DVD yesterday, Each film actually split into two parts, must have been shown on TV or something, I've only watched "Män som hatar kvinnor" (dragon Tattoo) so far it's a slightly different "cut" to the cinema release less graphic in places but more background info in others. It may take me a while to get through as each part (of six) is 89minutes long.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 28 Dec, 2011 10:22 PM Quote
Just watched les petits mouchoirs by G. Canet. It had me crying my eyes out by the end.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Dec, 2011 10:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I bought the Swedish trilogy on DVD yesterday, Each film actually split into two parts, must have been shown on TV or something, I've only watched "Män som hatar kvinnor" (dragon Tattoo) so far it's a slightly different "cut" to the cinema release less graphic in places but more background info in others. It may take me a while to get through as each part (of six) is 89minutes long.

Dubz

I loved it . I want to read the book now

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 28 Dec, 2011 11:26 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Dubz

Read It !!, IMHO the first book is excellent, second book is good and third is above average, Stig Larsson died before the final edits so I think a lot has been left open to interpretation, (much like Stephen Spielberg couldn't decide on he ending for A.I. so he left them all in), the books are always better and if you get the chance catch the swedish version too.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:07 PM Quote
LOVED IT!!!

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/the-tree-of-life-new-movie-poster.jpg

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 01 Jan, 2012 6:45 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Dubz

I just saw this new movie yesterday, and I loved it!
Rooney Mara was a great Lisbeth. And Ric, definitely
read the books! They are long, but I though they were
still quick reads. I kind of want to read them again.

I feel like there was a bit more chemistry between the
characters in this newer version, but I still like the Swedish
versions a lot though.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 01 Jan, 2012 8:10 PM Quote
Warrior, great movie!

GerttuW
GerttuW Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 1:52 PM Quote
"The art of getting by" and yes it was good and interesting:)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 02 Jan, 2012 5:27 PM Quote
http://www.cinemaliberated.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Flickan.Som_.Lekte_.Med-P.jpg

Again quite good and pretty faithful to the book. Noomi Rapace is excellent once again but I felt showed more emotion in this film (compared with Dragon Tattoo), not too sure if this is a good thing, perhaps it is a deliberate progression of the character. Not bad at all, I'd reccommend watching it.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 1:08 PM Quote
Last night we watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. I didn't really know what to expect. It was different. I kinda liked it. It was a little bit Forrest Gump and a little bit Tuck Everlasting. It was based on the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'd like to read it now to know how much was his ideas and how much was Hollywood's. I haven't read a lot of F.S. Fitzgerald, but what I've read, I've liked.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 1:39 PM Quote
My name is Lilian and yesterday, I saw "Letters to Juliet".

I know, I know! Why would anyone in their right mind do that? Honestly, I have no idea. I saw it in the library, temporarily overlooked how awful the story sounded and when there was nothing on TV yesterday... well... anyway, I didn't really watch it. I spent half an hour fast-forwarding scene after scene after scene and then I stopped it 20 minutes before the actual ending. I just couldn't take it anymore.

guys, I have officially (half-)seen the worst movie of all time.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 1:49 PM Quote
Not much for this kinda animation but saw this the other day ...REALLY Liked it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c9/9posterfinal.jpg/220px-9posterfinal.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 2:19 PM Quote
http://www.discshop.se/img/rec_foton/luftslottet1.jpg

Quite good, lot less action than the previous two films, it also misses out large plot lines in the book. But overall a fairly solid attempt at a book that is very difficult to convert to a 3hour film.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 3:11 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
My name is Lilian and yesterday, I saw "Letters to Juliet".

I know, I know! Why would anyone in their right mind do that? Honestly, I have no idea. I saw it in the library, temporarily overlooked how awful the story sounded and when there was nothing on TV yesterday... well... anyway, I didn't really watch it. I spent half an hour fast-forwarding scene after scene after scene and then I stopped it 20 minutes before the actual ending. I just couldn't take it anymore.

guys, I have officially (half-)seen the worst movie of all time.

My mum recently watched it and really liked it - the woman obviously has the worst film taste in the whole wide world.

Pages Previous 1...73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:46 PM