Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:15 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Thanks, Andrew, so you do you. I haven't seen Harvey yet, but it's on my list.

Funny about the Paris thing, I just borrowed "An American in Paris." We only got about 20 minutes into it and I turned it off because it was getting late and I was getting too sleeeeepy.

I couldn't watch "An American in Paris" either! Actually, I think I did watch the whole thing, but I really hated it! I can't understand how it got so much acclaim!

Well, I am still going to give it a chance. I didn't get very far into it. I'll give you my review tomorrow, hopefully. If we can get the kids to bed on time and have enough time to finish the movie.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:54 PM Quote
"An American in Paris." Sandy was right. It was bad. I liked Gene Kelly. I can even handle a bit of tap dancing. But...ok, the movie was a musical. I knew that going into it, but I didn't know how many musical numbers there were going to be. It was pretty heavy on the music/dance numbers and it ruined what could have been a good story. The last dance number must have gone on for 10 or 15 minutes. We fast-forwarded through it. Ending not satisfactory, loose ends a plenty.

Don absolutely hated it. I believe his immediate reaction was, "Well, that sucked." And he didn't think the girl in the movie was pretty enough to make that much of a fuss about.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 4:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
"An American in Paris." Sandy was right. It was bad. I liked Gene Kelly. I can even handle a bit of tap dancing. But...ok, the movie was a musical. I knew that going into it, but I didn't know how many musical numbers there were going to be. It was pretty heavy on the music/dance numbers and it ruined what could have been a good story. The last dance number must have gone on for 10 or 15 minutes. We fast-forwarded through it. Ending not satisfactory, loose ends a plenty.

Don absolutely hated it. I believe his immediate reaction was, "Well, that sucked." And he didn't think the girl in the movie was pretty enough to make that much of a fuss about.

You are absolutely right...that dancing scene was 10-15 minutes long! AND, the girl wasn't even cute! I mean, she's with Gene Kelly!! I don't even remember how the movie ended. That dancing scene was the only thing I remembered about the movie.

I knew it was a musical too. But, I really loved "Singing in the Rain." Yeah, it was a bit cheesy in parts, but for the time, and it being a musical, it was not too cheesy. Debbie Reynolds was really cute too. So, I thought that I'd try "An American..." and it totally sucked.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:57 PM Quote
Over the weekend I finally watched 'Cyrus' and 'Due Date'. both funny.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:46 PM Quote
http://www.jameskingmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/black-swan-poster-2010.jpg

Weird, disturbing and left wondering what on EARTH?!?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Awww, Pacey. I totally forgot he's Canadian!

Ive been rewatching old episodes of Dawsons Creek and he says things like "we are all american teenagers"
and i think..no child, you are not!

I NEVER knew this....until now.

Also, YES, I have just gone through this WHOLE thread looking for movie ideas! Phew...great stuff!

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 22 Jun, 2011 11:18 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You are absolutely right...that dancing scene was 10-15 minutes long! AND, the girl wasn't even cute! I mean, she's with Gene Kelly!! I don't even remember how the movie ended. That dancing scene was the only thing I remembered about the movie.

I knew it was a musical too. But, I really loved "Singing in the Rain." Yeah, it was a bit cheesy in parts, but for the time, and it being a musical, it was not too cheesy. Debbie Reynolds was really cute too. So, I thought that I'd try "An American..." and it totally sucked.

Musicals in general tend to be a bit tedious and seem like they are never going to end. My Fair Lady is a film which would have been far better had they cut out some of the singing. Nobody needs to hear Rex Harrison 'singing'

Leia
Leia Posted Thu 23 Jun, 2011 6:39 PM Quote
The Ward. It was rather scary, I nearly screamed at some moments! Hope I'll be able to fall asleep tonight lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Jun, 2011 6:50 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Awww, Pacey. I totally forgot he's Canadian!

Ive been rewatching old episodes of Dawsons Creek and he says things like "we are all american teenagers"
and i think..no child, you are not!

I NEVER knew this....until now.

If you can count on me for one thing, it is to point out the Canadians in any scenerio.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Jun, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Musicals in general tend to be a bit tedious and seem like they are never going to end. My Fair Lady is a film which would have been far better had they cut out some of the singing. Nobody needs to hear Rex Harrison 'singing'

I fast forward through the songs that Mr. Doolittle sings, "With a Little Bit of Luck" and "I'm Getting Married in the Morning."

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2011 2:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:

I fast forward through the songs that Mr. Doolittle sings, "With a Little Bit of Luck" and "I'm Getting Married in the Morning."

Prefer this version.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2011 2:26 PM Quote
This is Brilliant, outstanding performances by Pete Postlethwaite, Tara Fitzgerald even Stephen Tompkinson gets pass marks. The supporting cast are fucking brilliant, bitterly tragic but seriously funny in places. Even Ewen McWanker's failure to manage the same accent (keeps slipping between Yorkshire and Scots) for more than one line at a time can't spoilt it.

http://www.starwarped.net/files/other-roles/Ewan-McGregor/Brassed-Off-cover.jpg

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2011 11:27 PM Quote
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gu93C04WPl0/TZ_WRyMQd6I/AAAAAAAABGY/vtxv0UbBziE/s1600/the-troll-hunter-poster.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 1:44 PM Quote
Trolls aren't that big.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 1:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Trolls aren't that big.

and they usually have a jewel in their tummy

Pages Previous 1...63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:38 AM