Re: Last film you saw
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:49 PM Quote

the wild bunch

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 19 Dec, 2009 1:16 AM Quote
http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/avatar-movie-poster.jpg

saw the 3d version , my head hurts cgi pretty fantastic . a character says , " CHEA ! "

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 19 Dec, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
Watched City of God last night. Really good movie, if not a little harsh and violent in parts. Those South American slum gangsters are SCARY!!!

City of God

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 19 Dec, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Watched City of God last night. Really good movie, if not a little harsh and violent in parts. Those South American slum gangsters are SCARY!!!

City of God

It's a great movie, the words real and raw don't get close enough to describe it. I watched it a couple of years ago and still remember some pretty intense scenes, so powerful and moving.

If you liked the story, you should watch Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite). It's from the same writer and it deals with similar issues: survival in Rio's favelas, providing an inside look at the forces which are supposed to be fighting crime.

I'm re-watching an Italian film a friend lend me on DVD, it's six hours long, like a miniseries, but so worth it. The best of youth (La Meglio gioventù) tells the story of two brothers from the sixties to our days (well, until 2003), everything that happened to them, the choices they made and the way its consequences affected everyone around them. The politics of the country serves as background and it's absolutely brilliant!

http://img2.allposters.com/images/MMPO/BESTOFYOUTHQUAD.jpg

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sat 19 Dec, 2009 7:53 PM Quote
"The constant gardener"

Very good

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:56 PM Quote
"Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain"

for like the 100th time and it's always brilliant.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sun 20 Dec, 2009 6:07 AM Quote
juuuli wrote:
"Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain"

for like the 100th time and it's always brilliant.

so true

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 25 Dec, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
The Departed again. Such a great film. Scorsese deserved the Oscar (finally!).

Looking forward to checking out Sherlock Holmes. Although no one else seems as interested in it as I am lol.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
the road , harsh

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 9:44 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Peewee wrote:

City of God

It's a great movie, the words real and raw don't get close enough to describe it. I watched it a couple of years ago and still remember some pretty intense scenes, so powerful and moving.

If you liked the story, you should watch Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite). It's from the same writer and it deals with similar issues: survival in Rio's favelas, providing an inside look at the forces which are supposed to be fighting crime.

Thanks Ana, I will check that one out! :)

Watched Angels & Demons - it was ok.

Going to watch The Orphanage tonight :) Heard it's well scary - anyone else seen it?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Going to watch The Orphanage tonight :) Heard it's well scary - anyone else seen it?

I've seen it and loved it. And yes, it is scary!

Orane
Orane Posted Wed 30 Dec, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
I just saw The Dark Knight ... Not a big fan of Batman, but this movie is one of the best I've ever seen !
Heath Ledger was so a great actor :(

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 1:40 AM Quote
I just got back from seeing Avatar. I liked it more than I thought I would. A few days ago I watched Terminator Salvation. I am on Sam Worthington overload:P

Pages Previous 1...36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Times UTC Current Time 10:05 AM