Re: Last film you saw
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 2:30 PM Quote
just saw the first mad max , totaly forgot how rad the opening is

first 10 mins

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 7:35 PM Quote
I saw Coraline on DVD. I've never read the book, so I had nothing to compare it to. I kinda liked it! A little creepy, but not too creepy. Sort of a modern retelling of the old Hansel and Gretel fairy tale. The Russian Jumping Mouse Circus part was BOSS! Love the stop-motion animation.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 2:57 AM Quote
The Wicker Man (remake) with Nicholas Cage, it was complete and utter shite !!

Dubz

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 6:26 AM Quote
By The People: The Election of Barack Obama - AMAZING!

I have been raving about this documentary to everyone. It was on HBO this month so I was really glad to catch it; it gives such an intriguing inside look at the entire campaign process (chronicling everything from the very beginning to election day) that no matter whether you support his policies or not, you can surely appreciate the film either way. I was pleasantly surprised read at the end that it was produced by Edward Norton-- love that guy!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:49 AM Quote
"Il Gattopardo" by Luchino Visconti.

Very good.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2009 4:37 AM Quote
Yesterday I watched Home Alone. Holiday Classic. I can't believe that next year that movie will be 20 years old.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 29 Nov, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
just saw the first mad max , totaly forgot how rad the opening is

first 10 mins

Aw I love Mad Max, I have to buy the box set sometime!

Last film I watched was The Damned United. I have absolutely no interest in football but I loved it.

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 29 Nov, 2009 2:50 PM Quote
2012. And it was fucking ridiculous, in a "So shit I was crying with laughter" kind of a way.

juuuli
juuuli Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 7:07 PM Quote
(500) Days of Summer. It was lovely. Really liked it. And a terrific soundtrack!

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 6:05 AM Quote
Bruno... I don't even have words for this movie... Was the entire movie suppose to be funny?!! There were maybe 2 parts I laughed at but the rest was ridiculous! I cannot believe it, everyone acted like it was the best movie ever... I didn't even watch the ending. I just watched The Breakfast Club, which makes me very happy.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:
(500) Days of Summer. It was lovely. Really liked it. And a terrific soundtrack!

Last night I wasn't in the greatest mood and decided to watch a romantic comedy... needed to put my mind at rest.
Well, I didn't know what to choose and picked out 500 Days of Summer only because The Smiths were featured in the trailer.

At times it reminded me of Cameron Crowe's films, both realistic and witty. For instance, the "Expectations vs Reality" scene and the happy dance sequence à la Disney.
And the soundtrack, what a surprise, it was freakin' awesome!!

A friend of mine didn't like the ending, said it was sad. In my opinion it was just perfect, it was real...

Btw, now I know what IKEA is :D

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 10:57 PM Quote
zweiohrküken - german movie by and with til schweiger. LOVED it <3

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 07 Dec, 2009 12:58 AM Quote
http://www.lib.washington.edu/Media/new/images/dvd/jan09/chungking_express.jpg

http://www.gotterdammerung.org/film/collection/f/00000331.jpg

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 07 Dec, 2009 6:17 PM Quote
First time seeing my boyfriend in over two months and he takes me to see The Descent 2, haha. I actually kinda liked the first one, cos it was pretty scary, but this one just didn't have any originality about it. it was gory but not particularly scary.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 07 Dec, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
zweiohrküken - german movie by and with til schweiger. LOVED it <3

Zweiohrküken (="Two-ear-chicks"), seriously? Oh man, I can't stand Til Schweiger (or Nora Tschirner)... and for me, even Keinohrhasen (="No-ear-bunnies", yes, that's the title) was too... I don't know... I just don't get the humour (the jokes etc are old-ish...)...

HOWEVER, judging from the number of people who LOOOOVE those two films, maybe MY taste in movies is a little weird ;D

Pages Previous 1...35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:27 PM