Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 6:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My daughter's teacher is coming to visit on Friday. (That was a "prize" she won.) Being the up-tight, worrying type that I am, I will spend the next 3 days cleaning and making sure everything is just so, even though she will only be staying one hour.

How the hell is that a prize?

dee
dee Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 9:58 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My daughter's teacher is coming to visit on Friday. (That was a "prize" she won.) Being the up-tight, worrying type that I am, I will spend the next 3 days cleaning and making sure everything is just so, even though she will only be staying one hour.

what kind of a sadist teacher does she have? no offence, but dealing with parents is bad enough on a teacher's own territory.
sounds like a barrel of laughs for all involved.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 10:07 PM Quote
possible senario

Kayte - "Would you like a drink ? "

teacher - " you got any vodka I need to get a buzz on , I have 20 more house to go to ? "

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 11:30 PM Quote
Actually, she only has 4 houses to go to. One child per week won a prize for "Read at Night" month.

Rachel thinks this is the greatest thing in the world. It's just that I feel pressure to present our family and home the best I can. The teacher is very easy-going, and I know I'm doing this to myself. The teacher runs her classroom as if it's a summer camp and everything revolves around the camp theme (ex. circle time is "camp fire") and she's also a big Red Wings fan, so she's cool.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 3:25 PM Quote
Im not sure why I am admitting this on the board, but I feel it will clense my soul. Preparing to deal with Ric...

Yesterday at work, someone said to me: "I like your dress. You look like a hippie chick."

There was nothing hippie about my dress. No beads or tye dye in sight.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 7:32 PM Quote
Recovered from last night hangover, met a friend for lunch in the Jewish quarter, walked to a wee park and talked talked talked with her while enjoying the gorgeous weather.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im not sure why I am admitting this on the board, but I feel it will clense my soul. Preparing to deal with Ric...

Yesterday at work, someone said to me: "I like your dress. You look like a hippie chick."

you're meeting Ric ?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 12:09 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

To me you're mod not hippie , I feel your pain . On the otherhand nikki the tree hugging , peace earring wearing , stand in front of some crazy pyschedelic swurly backdrop in cleveland is a hippie

In west coast news i wish I didn't answer the phone today and i wish I could say no

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 12:47 AM Quote
Nikki can't be a hippie. She wears mascara. And bathes daily.

mili
mili Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 10:59 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Recovered from last night hangover, met a friend for lunch in the Jewish quarter, walked to a wee park and talked talked talked with her while enjoying the gorgeous weather.

Lucky you!

We just had our 3-day summer, max temp. around 28 °C on Monday. Today it's +7,5 °C and pouring with rain… autumn is here!
I'm busy and pissed off. Also, can't seem to get rid of a cough.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 2:09 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki can't be a hippie. She wears mascara. And bathes daily.

it wasn't until late 68 that they stopped bathing and were using hippie oil , she's like 67 era hippie . there are pics to prove it out there

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 7:05 PM Quote
we just had a fire drill at work....i work on the 23rd floor...and had to walk down each one...organized choas is fine for a practice run but we all know there would have been a bloody stampede in the stairwell if a real emergency had occurred.

that being said, can i lessen my visit to the gym by 10 minutes today? ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 7:07 PM Quote
I just signed up for a yoga class.
I am going to be so calm and centred that you will not even recognize me.

*ooooooommmmmmmmm*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Goosey, yes.

Kristy, I hope you have a super-cool yoga instructor like I did. Namaste.

Today I pulled about one million morning glory vines out of my flower beds. Weeds! Weeds! Pretty weeds, but still, WEEDS.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 7:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Today I pulled about one million morning glory vines out of my flower beds. Weeds! Weeds! Pretty weeds, but still, WEEDS.

Did you sing Morning Glory while doing it?

Pages Previous 1...78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:36 AM