Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
BoyRacer
BoyRacer Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 5:15 AM Quote
I made a stupid joke to the girl I love more than anything, and it hurt her. Today I apologized, and I hope she's forgiven me for it.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 2:59 PM Quote
Ohh Megg, that sucks! I totally understand... a friend is moving to the US this sunday and I'm a little sad.
I hope you and your other friend can work things out soon *hugs*

I've been paid!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!! :oD
I feel rich, lol!

Helena
Helena Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:05 AM Quote

Nell wrote:
Helena wrote:
well well i have a terrible english what i want to say
i have a little fight with a lady of my job she say i don't like ur perfume :s

She just said that? Like "Hey how or you, by the way: I don't like your parfume"? Seriously?....Where did that come from?....

hehe...I'd take the whole bottle and pour it over her head...hehe

well she's so strange i love "cool water" but she doesn't like ja ja she say ur perfume make me puke lol im gonna say ur cigarrete make me puke too (cuz she spend all the day smoking) lol

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:30 AM Quote
I have an headache... and I'm quite sure I'll get flu in a few days...

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:54 AM Quote
I'm absolutly fine: I'm going to Paris tomorrow to see The King Lion musical.
It's the 23rd birthday of my sister and my parents are coming too: should be quite funny cause my dad hasn't taken the train for 20 years!! (he always prefers to spend hours and hours driving his car on holiday but this time we said "NO"! And we managed to be quite persuasive! lol)
So we're gonna have a pretty good weekend :-)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 2:03 PM Quote
Wanna go to Paris too...

but you know what:

I JUST HAD MY LAST EXAM FOR THIS SEMESTER! Yipppie! Geee! I was sitting there and realised: I hardly knew the anser to half of these questions :) Hahahaa I think I might have screwed up this time: BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! No lectures, no tests NOTHING for another months!

GOD And the best yet: Friends invited me to London, so I might take a trip to London ;)

yippie!

and the almost best (beside that I'm allowed to do NOTHING all day): In the test we had to analise a poem and also bring examples of our owne (or a poem we know). (You know for anaphers, epiphers, paradoxons, chiasms...etc)

And all I could think of were lyrics from Travis: So I quoted their lyrics over and over - til I got my 12 examples ;)

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm so gonna do nothing today! HA!
Just things for fun: hihi f.e.: play ball with my dog on the ice-field ...hihi....looks awkward but it's FUN ;)...hihi....and drink a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge glass of Limes....Strawberry-Limes with Vodca (best thing yet!)

Have fun :) ...I will :)

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:00 AM Quote
arrrgh.
I need to go to London, too (that is, I have to go to some place in the UK/Ireland and London is the only city where I can stay for free at a friend's house).

Stupid stupid field study.
I'm always trying to repress the thought but it's no use, I have to do an 8-day field study. soon. 8 days of walking around and INTERVIEWING (AAAARGH) people etcetera. TALKING to people. in English. ME!
great.
plus, I need a topic.
I hate uni.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 1:12 PM Quote

But that sounds great? ;) so you don't have a topic yet but know already what the field-study is about? How's that possible?

What are you studying anyway? :)

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 4:26 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

But that sounds great? ;) so you don't have a topic yet but know already what the field-study is about? How's that possible?

What are you studying anyway? :)

I don't know what the field-study will be about, it's just that there are certain requirements that the 15-pages-report (which I'll have to write) has to meet.
erm, my course is called "languages, business and cultural studies" and we can pick one "cultural area" (in a very broad sense) for that. so, basically what I do is like British & American Studies + Politics (UK/US) + English Language + Business & Economics + Spanish. *sighs*

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 4:35 PM Quote

3 semesters ago I had to do 2 of them

one about the English Language (therefore I went living in England for a few months - and compared dialects - with the Scottish - American ones ...) It was fun and you get to travel - you don't have to do it alone, do ya? But I was studying English and Pedagogics back than - doesn't seem to fit in your studies :)

But if you don't wanna go alone to the UK :) I'll come with ya :)

I also did one on the "behavior of children compared to the income and social grade of their parents and neighbourhood"...that was the most boring field-study I've ever done (and to be honest - I faked a lot in it ;) )

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
hm, we have to do the field study part for 8-10 days and hand in a schedule before we start (=when we want to do what), keep a diary, record interviews or design questionnaires and then write the report using some secondary literature to make the whole thing sound like an expert study ;)
and I have to do it alone, of course *sighs*. Usually people do it while they're spending their (compulsory) semester abroad, but I spent my semester abroad in Spain to improve my Spanish.
my friends are either skint or looking for a job or writing their dissertation. and since I don't have money I can only go to London, because I won't need to pay for a hostel there. hate that. I'd love to go to Scotland and do it on the celebrations for the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns' birthday ;)(haha that would be this Sunday!)

A friend of mine did her field study on sth like your first topic, but she focusses on Spanish-speaking countries, so she did it in Spain - travelled around and interviewed people. I'm sure that was fun - but as I said, I can't travel for stupid money (and TIME!) reasons.
I want to try faking a part of it, too, because I can't spend 8 days in London, haven't got time for that.

And I kinda hate having to do it in London because I'm afraid organisations and people there are far more "exclusive" than at smaller places...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:12 PM Quote
I'm hiiiiiiiiiigh on diet coke and reading some well boring stuff! Having an exam tomorrow. Consular relations. Bleh.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:13 PM Quote
Dear Lilly, I would be more than happy to go to London for you :)
I hope I can find my good friend Stumpy the Pigeon.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

oh, please go to london for me! that would be such a relief! (I like travelling, love it, but I'm sooo BROKE/SKINT/whatevercanadianssay ;) and not only regarding money but also regarding IDEAS *sighs*)

Stumpy the Pigeon?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:26 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:

oh, please go to london for me! that would be such a relief! (I like travelling, love it, but I'm sooo BROKE/SKINT/whatevercanadianssay ;) and not only regarding money but also regarding IDEAS *sighs*)

Stumpy the Pigeon?

We say broke, but skint works too!
I will be there in a flash.
Stumpy is my footles pigeon friend who wanted to hang out with me/my friends in a park in London. He kinda grossed us out, but we felt sorry for the poor fella.

my news is that i am eating celery and it ridiculously thick and crunchy and im pretty sure people must think im biting into...umm, something much more ridiclously loud to eat than celery. It hope the chewing is quiter outside of my head.

Pages Previous 1...50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:14 PM