Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
morag_h
morag_h Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
Adding to my recent catalogue of bumps, bruises & scrapes (including 1 from trapping my arm between the freezer & washing machine) I slipped this morning on the way to work & in my effort to keep myself upright bent 2 fingers backwards! Painful...but not as painful as the shockwaves that have hit me everytime I put weight on my right foot since then! Think I may have sprained my ankle! Regardless, I was expected to keep running around work til 7.30pm! Ouch! :(

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
I went swimming!

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
Huhu..

had a very interesting day yesterday...

Do you know the "Theodora-Foundation"? It's a foundation for clowns going into hospitals and making sick kids laugh.
Nothing more - but hey - it's so good!

Well yesterday I was working for this foundation:
we tried to get so many clowns as possible in Zurich to laugh at the same time - (sponsored by starbucks, bodyshop, tibits etc.) - and we actually got about 200 clowns together. After that there were 2 Rock/Pop concerts ...and we got a lot of money.

Whilst working, I got to speak with those clowns, to even let them work on me (magic is so "magical"- i learnded)...and I got the chance to see them in duty -actually working with kids.
You can't believe how important their work is. How they can conjure up a smile on a sad childs face...

It's magic!

So it was a very long, and hard day - but totally worth it...
So my message to you - if you see those guys looking for money - and you have some extra - give it to them..it's a very good cause....

does someone have a similar experience?

(And yes I'm terrible sorry for all of my mistakes in this text- but I am kinda tired ...and...it's hard to switch back to English ;) when you're constantly yawning ;))

Good night

Nora
Ps: I've never posted a pic before: But if it's working you should see 2 of the theodora-foundation-hospital-clowns and a few of the first kids on the sceen ;).
Also one when they're in the hospital.

http://www.20min.ch/images/content/2/8/8/28838050/2/1.jpg

http://www.kispi.uzh.ch/pf/Aufenthalt/ClownDoktoren/Doktor_zum_lachen_breit.jpg

http://www.cevi.ch/_kirchenweb/_ausgabeseiten/scaledImage.php?imagefile=3462.jpg&imagedomainpath=&destX=320&destY=240&backcolor=FFFFFF

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
put washing in washer
lit the stove
pegged washing out
burnt the toast
made home made soup for lunch
took kids swimming
went to supermarket
had lunch
went to mums
went to the gym
had tea
fed fish
watched top gear
boring really

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 11:28 PM Quote

no burnout yet?

lots of sports though - impressive

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

no burnout yet?

lots of sports though - impressive

single mum of 2 boys so I never stop! and that was and easy day today!I like keeping on the go , it's good for your head , I don't like sitting and thinking about my life too much.
I can't wind down tonight though. I'm just watching The South Bank Show.. it's about a woman photographer , I missed her name but it's interesting.
Night night

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:48 AM Quote
I just came back from a town in the middle of nowhere. And I got 2 exams tomorrow. :(

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
fuck all

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
I just ate apple pie
and got to write some emails now.

interesting, eh? ;)

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
I'm getting more annoyed by the second due to the fact UPS took just over 4 hours to lose/break or steal my Xbox 360.

I log in and get this

Quote:
Your package has experienced an exception.

which means

Quote:
An exception occurs when a package or shipment encounters an unforeseen event, which could result in a change to the expected delivery day.

The tracking page hasn't been updated since Friday.

GB 14/11/2008 20:17 UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY
14/11/2008 18:06 ORIGIN SCAN
14/11/2008 15:41 COLLECTION SCAN
DE 12/11/2008 11:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Wankers.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'm getting more annoyed by the second due to the fact UPS took just over 4 hours to lose/break or steal my Xbox 360.

I log in and get this

Quote:

which means

Quote:
An exception occurs when a package or shipment encounters an unforeseen event, which could result in a change to the expected delivery day.

Wankers.

I hate deliveries, waiting for them everything about them, I hope you get your money back...I'm just battling with my antivirus it's being a right arse..I wish we could go back to an old fashioned lifestyle again I am sure life would be less stressful.
I'm going to take my anger out on the crosstrainer at the gym,
Hope you have some better luck

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
This is something I am sending!

They picked it up from me on Friday afternoon, it should be in Frankfurt by now!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

I log in and get this

Quote:

which means

Quote:

Wankers.

I used to have to deal with UPS/TNT/DHL on a regular basis. The only thing I can suggest is you find a number for them and give someone a call, tell them it's a part for a computer or something which belongs to a vessel which is setting sail tomorrow for a cruise of 6 weeks, this package absolutely must be on the vessel as you cannot set sail without it, if you cannot sail your gonna loose the money paid for the cruise, any help you can give me would be great....Or it's part of a computer system and for every minute it's down you're loosing money... blah blah blah....

Don't get angry with them, plead/reason rather than shouting, make them think they are doing you a favour, let them think they may save your job if they can help.

It may not get there any faster but at least you might get some answers.

Dubz

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
I should have gone to uni for a meeting about my project but I ended up missing my train so since I've fallen a little bit behind I'm spending my day doing all the stuff that was kinda ment to be in today innstead. Not fun having to get so much done in one day but kinda my fault for falling behind in the first place.
Hope you guys are having a more fun day than me lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 2:19 PM Quote

I've been searchin the web all morning for a new job.

I'm now on my way out to pay some bills and most probably have a pint.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:13 AM