Doesnt everyone WITH A CAR name it?

Re: Today's News of YOU
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I don't have a car :(

It's painful to say this, but I guess you could be right about that.....Well wait, it's imposible to check that! There must be somebody on this planet who doesn't have a name for his/her car!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I don't have a car :(

It's painful to say this, but I guess you could be right about that.....Well wait, it would be imposible to check that! There must be somebody on this planet who doesn't have a name for his/her car!

oh shush.
MANY people name their vehicles. Is that better?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
Not many people name their veichle Sparty, that's for sure ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

He was named after the Sens mascot.

And his full name is Sparty the Stalker.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
lilly wrote:

really? Hm I guess it's because in some countries (like in Germany in the "old pre-Bologna-process system" that I'm still in) you have to do a huge batch of exams after 2,5 years if you're doing a 5-year course (like I do), and you get grades etc and can apply to internships and so on with the certificate you get. When you have a more or less decent grade (you need a B), you can apply for Leonardo.

It's different from the French system. Here we have a three-year course called a License (where basically only the third year is important for your Degree) and then, you can go on with another two-year course called a Master. And internships are only opened to Master 1...
But I really don't want to do one. I already feel like I'm wasting my time this year and it's only my 2nd so I can't imagine what it will be like in the fifth... :s

Maybe I should just move to Germany. You've got a better system and I really need to improve my German! haha.

well they changed it here to a BA/MA system as well, it's the "Bologna Process" thing, they want EU countries to have the "same" degrees. I'm just glad I could do an "old" degree because I'm afraid the new ones are not very good (yet) in Germany...
I did an internship after my mid-time exams (it's called "Zwischenprüfung"/"Vordiplom") and that was after 2,5 years of studying...
well you could apply for a Master-programme abroad? ;D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

He was named after the Sens mascot.

And his full name is Sparty the Stalker.

Hehe you and your stalking ;) My parents veichle is named Bettan(Betty...I think).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
I named my mom's vehicle Nessie for the Loch Ness Monster. And my dad's truck is Moose.
I like naming things. The tree in my front garden is named Lucy.
At my first job when I was in highschool, they told me on my first day that they like to name things...garbage cans, fridge, chairs, etc...I knew I was in the right place.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Nell wrote:

lilly r u going to the travis-concert in munich? februaruy 8th i think...i'm gonna be there, hopefully with some friends. do u know where they play? in the east of munich? Englischer Garten? ?

I guess I really can't go :'(, because I'm just too skint (not only at the moment, but in general, I just can't pay 34 euros for a ticket when I need sth to eat, books etc).

the concert isn't in the English Garden (though that would be nice), but it isn't in some far-away area, either - noooor in the east.
it's actually in a very central venue, in "Muffathalle".
Do you know where the "Deutsches Museum" is?
it's opposite the museum building, but kinda "lower", right at the Isar (our beauuuutiful river, for those in the unknown ;D)
You can't miss it when there's a concert ;)

*sniff*
*needs the real Santa to bring her a ticket this year... or the "Christkind" [the baby Christ, who's actually bringing presents on Dec 24 in Germany]... a man looking like Santa is coming on Dec 6th... oooh it's all very confusing...)

oh that's too bad! but u never now what that little christy-boy's gonna bring, right?
34 Euro is actually fine for me. Used to pay more for tickets here in Zurich..think it matters where you buy them...but I've never seen a ticket under 60 SFR -...

but thx for they tip - I once was in the museum there....i always thought the big concerts are supposed to take place in the olympia hall :)

Anyway,

wish u all a very good night!

Nora

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:32 AM