Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 3:50 PM Quote
I'm in my local after sitting on my balcony reading a book in the sun. Gonna spend the last of my cash on two pints before heading home for some dinner. I may have a wee hauf of Jamieson Signature Blend (for export only) that Dee got me later on the balcony.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 3:58 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I love Denmark on days like this. It's sunny, it's warm, I went to the library on my cute bike and then spent an hour reading a book on a bench :). And I'm actually excited for tomorrow's meeting with my supervisor and starting my project as I'm really interested in the subject. Ahh, spring miracles ;).

Megg what is your final thesis on?

I wore a vintage dress that I bought in Ottawa on the weekend and the wardrobe department at work said they liked it. That makes me happy. They design and make clothes for a living

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 5:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I love Denmark on days like this. It's sunny, it's warm, I went to the library on my cute bike and then spent an hour reading a book on a bench :). And I'm actually excited for tomorrow's meeting with my supervisor and starting my project as I'm really interested in the subject. Ahh, spring miracles ;).

Origins of the Rwandan genocide.
But I also have to write a project here in Denmark which will be about the image of NGOs.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 7:07 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Sounds awesome, Meggie. I'm very much into topics like that one. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I ever do a MA I'll look for something related to genocide, memory, human rights and stuff like that. I'd love to read your thesis once it's done, please? :o)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 8:48 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

But I also have to write a project here in Denmark which will be about the image of NGOs.

You will see a lot of documents about France and what it did and didn't do to stop the genocide.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 9:36 PM Quote
PMS

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 10:31 PM Quote

In reference to the above I was reading about this today.

Dubz

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 1:18 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

By the way Andrew, aren't you seeing someone and its getting kind of serious? How thats going? Sorry if I being too nosy:P

Nope, i'm single. I am however always on the look out for someone who would put up with my weirdness.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 2:10 AM Quote
Andrew, I think your sister is lucky if she has found someone who can love her and her daughter then that is great. But it seems a little fast, no?

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 2:45 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Andrew, I think your sister is lucky if she has found someone who can love her and her daughter then that is great. But it seems a little fast, no?

I wouldnt really know. My parents were engaged after a same period of time so i thought it was pretty normal

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 8:12 PM Quote
I think Im going to take a belly dancing class. if you know me even a little, you will know that this is ridiculous.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 8:33 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I wouldnt really know. My parents were engaged after a same period of time so i thought it was pretty normal

Well then I suppose it is normal to your sister as well. I hope they have a long engagement. She's been through a lot and this could totally be a rebound thing.

malmaison
malmaison Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 12:38 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
PMS

hugs!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 7:08 AM Quote
I spent the day out at the ocean. It was nice and sunny and the waves were huge. I almost wished that I knew how to surf:P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Apr, 2010 1:56 PM Quote
Lindsay, is that the lion in front of the art museum in Chicago? I was watching Ferris Beuller yesterday and when they went to the museum they showed the lions out front. I couldn't help but giggle.

Pages Previous 1...143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:07 AM