Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I have yoga at 6 and I may just fall asleep in class.

That was completely allowed at the yoga class I took. And it happened sometimes. The teacher would never wake anyone up unless it was time to go. She was so cool. She had tiny jingle bells sewn in the hems of her pants.

haha, ours has said that too. And today is the last class of the session, so it is going to be "restorative yoga." AKA no actual work but laying on the floor being sleepy and stretchy. It's kinda appropriate.

Oh, i forgot to the mention the oddest part of my day. There is this old man volunteer who is mean. He actually expresses that he likes you by being mean (it's my mocking=love but x100 and is actually kinda really mean sometimes) but today he told me I looked nice. SHOCK! (he then insulted one of my co-workers, but 1 for 2 isnt bad). But on his way out he had eaten a blue iced cupcake and had a blue tounge and said "can I lick you?"
CAN I LICK YOU?

We are bringing extra cupcakes to yoga class to make people like us more. Some may say it is counter intuative, but both bring me lots of joy.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 10:32 AM Quote
Sunny in Paris today means I'm rather happy.
Off to the local library to borrow DVD and books.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 11:00 AM Quote
I had a mild panic attack last night when I realised I'm graduating in 4 months and have absolutely no idea what I want to do, where I want to work and live. Life was much simpler after high school when I had this great, naive PLAN.
I don't feel I'm passionate about anything anymore. It sucks.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 1:06 PM Quote
Meggy if it makes you feel any better I graduated almost 3 years ago (WOAH, WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?) and I still dont know what I want to do with my life.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 1:21 PM Quote
I'm 37 in a few weeks time and I still don't know what to do with my life.

The only thing I know for sure is I like music, Saint Mirren and alcohol.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 6:07 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
it's all about Vernissage . one coat down

outra vez , currently seeing double . i should do it in a better ventalated place

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 6:12 PM Quote
Very few people really know what they want to do with their lives. Fewer still who can actually do it when they do know. The rest of us just muddle through as part of the herd. If you're lucky, you're in a good herd.

There are two sides to the "passion" coin. I don't have a passion, my husband does (painting). I think he's lucky because he has always known exactly what he wanted to be. But his lack of "big success" (according to the goals he set for himself) causes him disappointment.

If you don't have a set passion, just take life as it comes and enjoy it, and keep your eyes open for opportunities. That's about all a person can do.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
Everyone has buggered off to America!. My ma and sister are away shopping in NY for 4days (i personally can't imagine anything less dull to do with 4days in NY). My uncle is away to Chicago for 3or4 days to give some medical conference AND my best mate has moved to America for 3months to be with his girlfriend. What the hell am i meant to do for 3 whole months, it's pretty inconsiderate of him ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 2:53 PM Quote
speaking of NYC, i might be going on a completely rando weekend roadtrip there in 2 weeks. fingers crossed.

Roo, are you and your dad taking care of your neice? That poor poor child!

roos4sanne
roos4sanne Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 2:56 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Sunny in Paris today means I'm rather happy.
Off to the local library to borrow DVD and books.

So Fred,
What did you get? Seen "un dialogue avec mon jardinier"? It is beautifull!
Enjoy the sun!!

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 3:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
speaking of NYC, i might be going on a completely rando weekend roadtrip there in 2 weeks. fingers crossed.

Roo, are you and your dad taking care of your neice? That poor poor child!

poor poor child?. The kid will get to stay up as late as she wants, eat what she wants and more or less have full control of the TV. Just call me Mr responsible

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 3:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I had a mild panic attack last night when I realised I'm graduating in 4 months and have absolutely no idea what I want to do, where I want to work and live. Life was much simpler after high school when I had this great, naive PLAN.
I don't feel I'm passionate about anything anymore. It sucks.

I don't want to sound cynical but if you don't end up doing something you really, really enjoy then it's a case of turn up, log on and grind out. Before you know where you are months have turned into years and your best years behind you. You end up under paid, underappreciated, and called Alan by your boss. If you find yourself in this situation then i hope you're lucky enough to find someone or something that makes the whole sole destroying process a little less shit. I like to pierce holes in the bottom of some of the plastic drinking cups and/or press Ctrl+ALt and one of the arrow keys on all the managements keyboards. I'm pretty sure they know i do both

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 4:54 PM Quote
Even trying to do something you enjoy as a career will destroy your soul. One reason being, the enjoyable careers usually don't pay enough money, another reason is that most of your work will always be dictated by someone else. The creative "fun" part that you enjoy will be controlled and the joy will be sucked out of it. Like make the logo bigger.

People who have been told that doing something they enjoy for a living will be like a vacation every day are being deceived.

I fell into that "get your degree in something you enjoy" trap. Now looking back 20 years later, I'd give anyone the advice, get your degree in something that is in high demand and makes a lot of money. Then you'll have the money and vacation time to do what you like when you're not being a slave to the maZn.

*Edit: This is not to say one shouldn't find a passion or a dream and make it come true. It just doesn't have to be tied up in a career.

I hope we don't send poor Megg off the deep end.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 5:48 PM Quote
I learned two things today. 1. Never walk out onto a bowling lane. They spray-wax them. Heavily. 2. Never wear mascara on a day I wear glasses because now every time I blink, my eyelashes hit my lenses and it's annoying.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 6:04 PM Quote
wow, maybe im just naive and idealistic enough (or stupid)to believe this, but I would never get a degree/take a job just for money. Money and vacation time are not enough to make a job you dislike worthwhile. Happiness is way more important. And you are never going to be 100% at any job, but to be in some field just because you knew you could make money would kill me.

Kayte, I have the same mascara/glasses problem.

Pages Previous 1...130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:02 AM