Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 2:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I'm signing my estate documents today. It'll be quite a relief- it's bothered me for awhile that we had nothing in writing about what would happen to the kids if we both kick the bucket.

I get them, right? Aidan sometimes loves me, then retracts his love, and then loves me again, and Cat and I are forever bonded by shoes. It will be fine.

Do they do laundry?

Of course! The who-gets-them issue is actually what delayed this for so long. We were just about to do everything and put my parents as the appointed guardians but then they split up. Jerks. Now my brother would get them. (Brian's parents are great but they have a lot of health problems so it wouldn't be good)

Catherine likes to put things in the washer and loves to fold. Aidan complains and evades. They will both love Picky.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 2:59 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I'm signing my estate documents today. It'll be quite a relief- it's bothered me for awhile that we had nothing in writing about what would happen to the kids if we both kick the bucket.

I get them, right? Aidan sometimes loves me, then retracts his love, and then loves me again, and Cat and I are forever bonded by shoes. It will be fine.

Do they do laundry?

Of course! The who-gets-them issue is actually what delayed this for so long. We were just about to do everything and put my parents as the appointed guardians but then they split up. Jerks. Now my brother would get them. (Brian's parents are great but they have a lot of health problems so it wouldn't be good)

Catherine likes to put things in the washer and loves to fold. Aidan complains and evades. They will both love Picky.

Aidan will be gutted when he finds out the hand over wouldn't be to the hot german.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:04 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

Aidan will be gutted when he finds out the hand over wouldn't be to the hot german.

LOL!! Well at least he still has the chance to date her if she isn't his guardian.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:18 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Do they do laundry?

wait, isnt her name Kitty? She should totally raise Cat then.

But if she dated Aidan, Kitty would be a cougar.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:37 PM Quote
I got all bundled up to do some heavy duty snow blowing, having been assured the machine was gassed up and ready to go. After making an idiot of myself outside trying to start it, I peered inside to see that there was NO gas in it at all. There are two gas cans on the shelf. One for the lawn mower and one for the snow blower. They are not labeled. Ugh.

My 15+ year old clothes dryer has died. Get a new one or have it repaired? Decision must be made quickly. I don't know. How does one make these decisions? New is more expensive, but maybe more energy efficient and would save in the long run? Or the old one could have a simple quick fix and we're up and running again. I'm not good at this stuff.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

My 15+ year old clothes dryer has died. Get a new one or have it repaired? Decision must be made quickly. I don't know. How does one make these decisions? New is more expensive, but maybe more energy efficient and would save in the long run? Or the old one could have a simple quick fix and we're up and running again. I'm not good at this stuff.

kick it. If that doesnt fix it, buy a new one.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thank you, Kristy. It is working now. And I am serious. My dryer healed itself. It's a Festivus miracle!

I tried to start it about 6 times yesterday and it was completely dead. That's weird.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 3:58 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thank you, Kristy. It is working now. And I am serious. My dryer healed itself. It's a Festivus miracle!

I tried to start it about 6 times yesterday and it was completely dead. That's weird.

I'M AMAZING!!!! Anyone have any diseases they need to be cured of? My remedy for that is also kicking.

in other news, I think I'm taller today.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 4:02 PM Quote
You know what else happened today? There was a light bulb out on the chandelier over the table. I got a new bulb to replace it and when I touched the one that was out it came back on again! Que the Twilight Zone music--do do do do, do do do do!

Kristy, I think you are taller. I can sense it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Jan, 2010 4:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Kristy, I think you are taller. I can sense it.

i think i actually am. or my pants shrunk. I had a skirt on, but then decided I didnt like it with my top, so grabbed my like one pair of work appropriate trousers (i switched words so the Britishy people dont think im talking about undies) and I swear I used to have to wear these trousers with heels because they were too long. But today they arent. So I am wearing my plaid flats.

Okay, so perhaps I just accidently put them in the dryer (your new fixed dryer?) instead of hanging them to dry, and they shrunk. But I wear them so infrequently that I dont remember when the last time i wore/washed them was.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Jan, 2010 2:32 PM Quote
I started off the day by emailing 4 friends that owe me money, and have for 3 months, and saying I expect the situation to be remedied.
2010, the year of not being walked all over. grrrr

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Jan, 2010 2:45 PM Quote
ug that sucks

dee
dee Posted Wed 13 Jan, 2010 6:12 PM Quote
i feel a little bit lost in my job at the moment. feel a bit of an outsider on the staff. even the girl who started after me seems to be getting on better.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Jan, 2010 6:34 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i feel a little bit lost in my job at the moment. feel a bit of an outsider on the staff. even the girl who started after me seems to be getting on better.

Try bringing in a treat to share, brownies or something. People really fall for that stuff.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 13 Jan, 2010 6:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
dee wrote:

Try bringing in a treat to share, brownies or something. People really fall for that stuff.

laxatives are optional

Pages Previous 1...115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:56 AM