Travis

Re: Where are you?
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:04 AM Quote
good feeling: mmm... unfortunately this album, a songs reminds me bad, very bad times for me... trying to solve them while I was hearing Travis for heal my soul... in my bedroom... could be darkness in my memories

the man who: reminds me all the mornings that I were to the clinic for my practices lessons...its like a dawn in my memories

the invisible band: mmm... where? my mom's hometown... driving to there... I bought this CD a few days before this trip so we -my sis and I- put it and played again and again until my mom said enough! hahaha or side video... wow... those amazing blue eyes... wohoaaaa... Fran... I'm still in love with those eyes!!lol

12 memories: remind the expectation for Travis at the 1st time they came to Mexico... I heard again and again this album before -and after- that wonderful gig

the boy with no name: my memories are while I was in the flight Mexico City- London hearing this album, crying, and expecting all the new adventures for me there, by myself...

ode to J Smith: mmm... I can't put it in an specific memorie... right now are in my bedroom at the day when arrives -my sis b-day!- and played several times... lol

leticia
leticia Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:

Berwick on Tweed?

I can't remember... It could have been any : ( I'd love to know which was though...

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
Exactly!! I travelled to the UK last month, so everytime I hear "Indefinitely" I travel back to the journey by train from Edinburgh to Newcastle (I was alone):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2956191790_450dec3585.jpg

This was my view from the train for at least 10 minutes...

Great memories : )

Ah, I remember that scenery! But for me, Ode will always remind me of the line between Glasgow and Edinburgh, the train on which I first ploughed through the lyrics, and then tried to listen to iy as best as I could through the diesel-powered noise.

(All previous albums just remind me of different rooms at home, where I happened to be listening to them for the first time. It's nothing exciting, but it's a bit interesting, that when I listen to an album for the first time in a long time, it always brings me back to where I was the first time I heard it.)

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
leticia wrote:
Exactly!! I travelled to the UK last month, so everytime I hear "Indefinitely" I travel back to the journey by train from Edinburgh to Newcastle (I was alone):

Ah, I remember that scenery! But for me, Ode will always remind me of the line between Glasgow and Edinburgh, the train on which I first ploughed through the lyrics, and then tried to listen to iy as best as I could through the diesel-powered noise.

(All previous albums just remind me of different rooms at home, where I happened to be listening to them for the first time. It's nothing exciting, but it's a bit interesting, that when I listen to an album for the first time in a long time, it always brings me back to where I was the first time I heard it.)

Hi Fred!!

I have more pics if you want them from that trip from Edinburgh to Newcastle...

How I wish I was there now... :'(

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
this is a great thread.

Starting most recently, I first heard Ode just as I started my new job in Sunderland, so spent most of my time listening to it on the train to work, so it really takes me to my present life.

TBWNN Came just after I finished uni. I had a few weeks of not doing anything before I went to work abroad, and remember waiting for every Monday morning to hear one of the new songs on myspace - it reminds me of taking the dog for a walk in the cold, winter mornings near where I live while listening to slightly crappy myspace rips on my mp3 player. I remember almost peeing myself with excitement at Battleships and Selfish Jean. lol.

Am struggling with the earlier albums, but they definitely take me back SOMEWHERE. Will think then maybe update later.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
leticia wrote:

Hi Fred!!

I have more pics if you want them from that trip from Edinburgh to Newcastle...

How I wish I was there now... :'(

Cool, that would be nice! Did you catch any sheep?

I had my hand on the camera a few times, but as soon as I had it ready, there weren't any sheep outside the window.

mili
mili Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Ode is fast turning into a soundtrack of dark and stormy evening walks this autumn. It goes nicely with wind.

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:

Cool, that would be nice! Did you catch any sheep?

I had my hand on the camera a few times, but as soon as I had it ready, there weren't any sheep outside the window.

In fact, I have great pics of that trip! I'll send them to your email. I don't want to fill the thread with my pics lol. I also have videos : )

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:21 PM Quote
Awe just found this post :-)

The Man Who - was my first Travis album. An ex bought it for me knowing how much I loved the song TURN which happened to be playing constantly at the time. I was a first year in University :-) That was 11 years ago!

The Invisible Band - Awe :) many fond memories! Favourites of indefinitely oh and memories of Darran playing Humpty Dumpty Love song and me just going WOW I love that song!!!! lol

12 Memories - Not one of my favourite albums but I remember when it came out there was pretty much mixed responces on here about it. This album reminds me of Merih!?! As one of her fav albums...well she always mentioned it hehe ;-)

The Boy With No Name - well this reminds me of the influx of North Americans to the board. hehe. And many new lovely Travis across the pond friends :-D Also, helped during some rocky phases of a relationship.

Ode to J Smith - Signifies the end of above long relationship. Also, fond memories of Song to Self music videos....a real bonding time for boardies :-) so class watching everyones videos. Before You Were Young has been played soooooooooo much and still remains one of my favs, esp played load via headphones.

Travis Singles/Good Feeling - reminds me of Darran! Thanks Dudey!!! :-) fabby memories.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:43 AM