Travis

Where are you?
1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
It occurred to me, while listening to Ode, that it was reminding me of driving around Stratford the week before last in the same way that the other albums remind me of being places or doing things. Does everyone get this?

The Man Who immediately sends me back to sitting in my parent's car driving around Yorkshire. The Invisible Band is arriving in Boston, 12 Memories is my room in Halls in first year of uni, TBWNN is driving up and down the M4 very late at night. Good Feeling is the only one that sends me to a Travis show - Brixton Academy, when we came home after and it snowed.

Re: Where are you?
mili
mili Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
TBWNN helped me through a nasty work project, but thankfully it didn't get tainted by it.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
TMW is driving at night, TIB is walking along in the sun around a harbour somewhere (I can't remember where)... and that's about it. Oh and the singles album is working at the cafe in my village, they used to play it sometimes :)

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
Exactly!! I travelled to the UK last month, so everytime I hear "Indefinitely" I travel back to the journey by train from Edinburgh to Newcastle (I was alone):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2956191790_450dec3585.jpg

This was my view from the train for at least 10 minutes...

Great memories : )

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
'The Man Who' reminds me of being in school aged 16. For me it also reminds me of winter.

'The Invisible Band' reminds me of summer and being on several bus journies to college. 'The Invisible Band' also makes me remember the day I bought my tickets to my very first Travis show in 2002 (Manchester MEN Arena) and how excited I was to be phoning my mates up to say I managed to get tickets for us all :-D.

'12 Memories' reminds me of walking to college in the middle of winter. It also reminds me of living with my ex girlfriend.

'The Boy With No Name' reminds me of the Warrington gig in 2007 when they previewed the new songs in front of a small audience.

'Good Feeling' reminds me of my first Travis gig at the Manchester MEN Arena as I remember they played 'Good Feeling' at that gig and I went out the following day and bought that album hehe.

I look forward to finding out what 'Ode To J. Smith' reminds me of in the months and years to come :-D

Sorry for the long post hahahaha

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
The Invisible Band takes me to Devon on holiday. I see myself in the back of the car. It's a beautiful day outside, we're going through the countryside and in my ears, I can hear Pipe Dreams. :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
I'm like that but more with time rather than places. The Singles Album always reminds me of Christmas cos I got it as a present one year. The Man Who makes me think of Easter, and The Invisible Band and The Boy With No Name are very summery. 12 Memories reminds me of being in Belfast when I saw Travis last year cos I'd only got it a few weeks before :)

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
i was JUST thinking about that today!!

Good Feeling takes me back to my bedroom at my parents house; usually doing homework.

TMW and TIB remind me of being 16 and driving to my first job. i would listen to them every time i went to work cuz it put me in a good mood; i did not like my job...

12 memories takes me back to my first college dorm room.

TBWNN takes me back to the apartment my husband and i got right after we got married.

Ode will undoubtedly remind me of my 9 months in England.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
leticia wrote:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2956191790_450dec3585.jpg

This was my view from the train for at least 10 minutes...

Great memories : )

Berwick on Tweed?

Seen as lots of us are reminded of being younger, I wonder if we'll put these albums on in 50 years time and remenisce while sipping tea through false teeth.

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
TBWNN must be listened at night. I usually listen to OTJS in the bus and to TMW while being with friends. Good Feeling my summer music, while going on a trip.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
I got The Man Who in New York, so it reminds me of carrying my CD player around the city listening to Turn, and lounging in the hotel room being amazed by Writing to Reach You.

The Invisible Band was my first Travis album, and I got it copied for me by a friend of the family. :P I remember listening to it in the car for the first time going back from their house. In fact I remember listening to it in the car a lot in general... good job my parents liked it too.

Good Feeling I remember listening to for the first time in my bedroom and thinking 'what the hell is this rubbish'. lol. I didn't like it at first, apart from a few songs like The Line Is Fine and the last 3 tracks (I guess 'cos they were more like the type of Travis I was used to).

12 Memories, I kinda remember listening to it on the living room CD player for the first time. I remember listening to Re-Offender for the first time more vividly - it was available to listen to on travisonline, and I remember going to my friends house shortly afterwards and telling him about it.

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 3:01 AM Quote
The Man Who, The Invisible Band and 12 Memories all remind me of when I went to Ottawa just after Grade 8. I listened to those three CDs 8 hours there and 8 hours back on repeat (and a little bit in between). The Boy With No Name reminds me of my 18th birthday/a fashion show I helped put on and Good Feeling reminds me of my post-Travis concert experience.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:08 AM Quote
Good Feeling ist my bathroom album. :-D For years I would clean the bathroom listening to Good Feeling! Somehow it makes this hateful chore much easier ! lol

TMW - sitting in a big armchair and crying. This was my first Travis album and perhaps the most emotional for me.

TIB - the very first Travis gig at the Volkshaus in Zurich - unforgetable

12 Memories - reminds me of the West of Scotland, especially the place where it was recorded as I know the place quite well. Magical !

TBWNN - hmmm doesn't evoke any special memory - except maybe summer time

Ode ? - hmmm that's not settled yet, lol. I guess it will be my 'Copenhagen' album since I'll see Travis there in December and get to hear the Ode songs live for the first time. Yay !!

wooohhh that's quite interesting, never thought about it before !

winnielok
winnielok Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Um... The Invisible Band took me through the assignment time. The Boy with No Name has been a good company to me whenever I have to stay overnight in any cases-----the album was so fantastic and energetic that it keeps me so "brainy" and awake!

Ode to J.Smith is another good company to me when I have to travel from York to Doncaster to have School Placement every Wednesday.

Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
THE MAN WHO: at my father's house, I painted the whole house exterior and I was listening to it over and over againg to make the task bearable.

THE INVISIBLE BAND: my reading of Alice im Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass, fell in love with the character of Humpty Dumpty since then.

12 MEMORIES: finding true love, I met my husband at that time and I remember I was listening the album everytime we had a date.

THE BOY WITH NO NAME: the concert here in México at the Sports Palace, the first time I've got the chance to see the guys... so nice!!!

ODE TO J. SMITH: still on the making of memories...

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 AM