Travis

Re: The Baby with No Name
RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Wonderful news Dave congratulations ;o) Dylan is a lovely name, I'd go with Dylan Francis... I love the sound of it :o) Take good care of your family. Xx

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
Congratulations Dave! :) I'm sure you'll both decide on a great name. I like a more unusual name. Nothing silly of course but something different is nice. :) Make sure he's a big Travis fan. ;) lol

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Congratulations to you and your family Dave!
I can imagine how difficult it is to find the "right" name, it's really up to you and your wife... maybe ask your little Tegan for advice! ;) (beautiful name by the way!)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
Thanks to the kind folk who expressed good wishes to me over the weekend, here in this thread, and via pm's, when we lost our lovely feline Travis.

But most importantly, huge congrats to new Daddy, Dave!

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, and I hope that you're all in great health.

Make the most of those beautiful baby days. They pass very quickly, I can say with honesty! But then again, every stage is lovely!

Very best wishes to you xx

lestafox
lestafox Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Well done son! A word of warning about names....my theory is that names can affect the type of personality the kid grows up being, for example
waynes arent normally know for being bright sparks
lee's are more often than most gay (dont mean to offend anyone with this)
raj's are often drunks
rashpals are often trouble makers
and some names just lead themselves to bullying, kids might call franny ..well you know what or the two names might rhyme in the wrong way together
anyway, wot was that all about??!!1

momentslast
momentslast Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
Hi everyone

Sorry it's taken so long to get back on here and reply to all you kind people, I've had a mega busy day running around, but now I'm home for a few hours, and I finaly get to sit down and have a glass of wine, but I'm so tired I think I might doze off on my keyboard, lol.

Just to update the name decission, well we haven't one. I tried Nikki's 'Travis Dylan', but the wife said NO it's got to be Dylan first. I was leaning myself more to 'Dylan Travis' and so was Jane (wife), but tonight I've found out that my mum has been telling people that it's going to be Francis for a middle name, and my aunty who has delved deep into our family name over the past years, said that my great grandad was called Francis, and that name has been used in our family ever generation, hhmm maybe it was ment to be!

Jane and little Dylan are coming home tomorrow, so maybe will make a decission then, if we get 5 minutes spare.

Going to come back tomorrow, and use the quote button, and reply to one or two of your replys more personaly, but right now I need sleep.

Many many thanks to you all.. Dave

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:17 AM Quote
Glad to hear that all sounds well with baby Dylan. Feels like we've lived through this one - hope Mrs Momentslast doesn't mind how much you've shared with the Travis forum! :)

It's lovely to hear such good news. The world isn't a great place right now, and to hear of the safe arrival of a baby is fabulous and uplifting. Especially born into the family of a Travis fan!

Ongoing good wishes to you and your growing family! xx

momentslast
momentslast Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Hey Dave, congratulations on the new arrival! Name-wise I would always go ordinary rather than unusual to avoid any embarrassment in later life, but of course choose what you want!

To quote, click the quote button and the text will appear in the text box with [ quote] [ /quote] tags around it. Just write below it and the quote will be above what you've written. If you need to quote two posts, you have to click quote for both separately then copy the text across from one of them into a single post. Or just post twice :)

Tonie, really sorry to hear about your cat, it's so unexpected. I didn't know he was called Travis, he must have been an amazing moggy with a name like that :)

Hi, just had to use the quote on your reply first, many thanks for all the info, not to sure on doing double quotes yet though, maybe I'll grow into trying this as I use the board more in future.

I can see where your coming from with using ordinary names, but I want to give them a name thats slightly different, and I'd like to think that when there older, they'll appreciate and think we've given them cool names. I'd never go over the top with names like the celebs do!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
Hey congrats on the new arrival of baby Dylan/Travis-Dylan/Francis!

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
Aww congratulations!!!

Well at least dylan related to andys child :-D
You could have Fran and his pet/nickname and hope it sticks hehe
Aww i love babies, ya must post a picture of your baby

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
Aww congratulations!!!

Well at least dylans name is related to andys child :-D
You could have Fran as his pet/nickname and hope it sticks hehe

momentslast
momentslast Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:13 AM Quote
Quick message to..

Ruthbabe. my wife is coming around to 'Dylan Francis', so it's looking good for the final name.

Ben. You said make sure he's a Travis fan. Well when I picked him up from hospital today, I made sure the first music he heard was 'sarah', my new fav. Wife said he's asleep, I said it will sink in subliminaly, also when he cries I sing 'Closer ' to him to try to get him to clam down, sometimes works, don't think the songs a fault, must be my voice, lol.

Lestafox. Your ideas made me laugh, but you know what.. your bloody right, names do tend to associate with certin charater types, I'm sure there must be loads of other peole out there with the same name, who don't have share these bad traits.

Thanks to you all for replying and coming up with some suggestions, and for all the congratulations, it's very much appreciated.. Dave x

momentslast
momentslast Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
Aww congratulations!!!

Well at least dylan related to andys child :-D
You could have Fran and his pet/nickname and hope it sticks hehe

Maybe I'll get him a little Travis top, and use a pic of him as my avatar (think thats right name for board pic,not got around to doing that bit yet).

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 3:51 AM Quote
Congratulations! Dylan Francis sounds like a lovely name. Francis has always been my favorite 'boy' name- well before even becoming a Travis fan. Hope you & your family are doing wonderful!!! ; )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 4:01 AM Quote
momentslast wrote:

Maybe I'll get him a little Travis top, and use a pic of him as my avatar (think thats right name for board pic,not got around to doing that bit yet).

Haha, that'd be so cute!
It's cool you're making him a Travis fan right from the begining :oP

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:06 AM