Travis

Re: Coming soon to a 'board near you
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
I'm kinda new too..so how does this showdown work?

I know what it is..but how will it work -do you load the poll up on a server or in a chatroom or here on the messageboard?...and the songs are in pairs -right? so you'll be voting one out and one in to the next round, right?...

and..last one - then I'm quiet again - can you vote all day long? midnight- to -midnight?...should be fun!

sorry ;) don't want to annoy you - just don't wanna miss it...

lg
nora

Example.

You'll have about three days to cast your vote, so as long as you're on the 'board at least once every three days you'll miss nothing.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 05 Nov, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
You'll have to set up a b-side one once we have all of the Ode b-sides. :) I think we've had some great b-sides recently. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 10:16 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You'll have to set up a b-side one once we have all of the Ode b-sides. :) I think we've had some great b-sides recently. :)

Word! I'm so excited about these showdowns!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Hmm yeah, maybe next year some time. Ideally I'd like to do it after the next album's singles to make sure we have enough new b-sides for it to be completely different from last time. But people wont want to wait that long lol. The b-side showdown was originally going to be just a one off y'know. ;P

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

What would anyone say to a Dougie Showdown? It would add a bit of variety and he's got quite a few songs now, and it would be less arduous than a full-blown b-side rerun. It's good to have some space between showdowns anyway, otherwise there's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gaps in between.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 7:34 PM Quote

So it starts on sunday? ...looking forward to it ;)

thx for the explanation;)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

What would anyone say to a Dougie Showdown? It would add a bit of variety and he's got quite a few songs now, and it would be less arduous than a full-blown b-side rerun. It's good to have some space between showdowns anyway, otherwise there's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gaps in between.

Yeah a Dougie Showdown could work. The issue would then be about classifying which songs are 'Dougie' songs (Dougie vocals only? Dougie written songs? What about songs co-written by Dougie?). I'll have a think about it anyways.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 9:39 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Yeah a Dougie Showdown could work. The issue would then be about classifying which songs are 'Dougie' songs (Dougie vocals only? Dougie written songs? What about songs co-written by Dougie?). I'll have a think about it anyways.

I'm sure I had a Dougie playlist once, but apparently no longer. Good point. It might be something worth thinking about after a few months of showdown drought :O

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
Yipee! I love these things! Cheers Lukey!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Oh you're not doing only Ode?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 7:58 AM Quote
So it's SUNDAY, wiiiiiiiiieee!! XD

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 10:22 AM Quote
did I miss it...or does it take place in this thread?

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Oh you're not doing only Ode?

Nope it's all the album tracks.

Nell wrote:
did I miss it...or does it take place in this thread?

It's not started yet, can't remember if Luke told us when it would... Anyway, it will be a new thread for each round, unless the showdown system has evolved hugely :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 1:29 PM Quote

So then everybody writes down his/her top- (don't know..ca.) 50ies? A new order of the songs? Wouldn't it be easier to make a voting - system...with doodle or a similar internet-platform? (I mean easier to elaborate the result - and for the voting itself)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 10:37 PM