Travis

Radio Stations around the world
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
Following on from the Nürnberg episode on Sat evening, I just wanted to say that NRJ in France doesn't tend to play any Travis songs - NRJ mainly have a teenage following. Occasionally we hear their music on Virgin and RTL2 (all too rarely though!)
Which radio stations in your country are Travis fans?

Sina, I think we know the answer for Switzerland, LOL!

Re: Radio Stations around the world
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:53 PM Quote
My local radio station Clare FM tends to play Why does it always rain on me/Flowers in the window often enough but the national radio stations are terrible!!

This is why i need to get my break as a radio dj to spread the music of travis in a subtle way ;-)

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
There's so many format radio stations playing the same music and/or silly people talking nonsense that I just don't bother these days. I mainly play music on my computer through headphones or loudspeakers (depending on the time of the day) or on a cd player.

My kids listen to NRJ radio or Voice :^P

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
mili wrote:
There's so many format radio stations playing the same music and/or silly people talking nonsense that I just don't bother these days. I mainly play music on my computer through headphones or loudspeakers (depending on the time of the day) or on a cd player.

My kids listen to NRJ radio or Voice :^P

I know what you mean about all the rubbish you sometimes have to listen to on the radio BUT it does help you discover new music which you might not have heard otherwise.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
My local radio station Clare FM tends to play Why does it always rain on me/Flowers in the window often enough but the national radio stations are terrible!!

This is why i need to get my break as a radio dj to spread the music of travis in a subtle way ;-)

Haha good luck with your Travis radio mission!!

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
Travis are completely ignored by Australian radio stations.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
german radio station ndr2 constantly plays 'why does it always rain on me', 'sing' and 'song to self' (they promoted the new album with the song). i sometimes hear 'closer', too =)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
I don't think Travis are played in England any more. I think the old stuff is probably more likely than any recent single. I really hope it changes with Song To Self...

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Following on from the Nürnberg episode on Sat evening, I just wanted to say that NRJ in France doesn't tend to play any Travis songs - NRJ mainly have a teenage following. Occasionally we hear their music on Virgin and RTL2 (all too rarely though!)
Which radio stations in your country are Travis fans?

Sina, I think we know the answer for Switzerland, LOL!

hehehehe yep yep !

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I don't think Travis are played in England any more. I think the old stuff is probably more likely than any recent single. I really hope it changes with Song To Self...

Would it be fair to say that they are more Radio 2 material now rather than Radio 1 in the UK?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Detroit-Windsor's 93.9 The River played "Sing," "WDIAROM" and "Closer" quite a bit leading up to Travis' gig here in 2007 for The Boy tour and even hosted them for a short acoustic set where they played "Sing," "My Eyes" and "Selfish Jean" and later played it in full on the radio. Then they stopped for a while. Kayte and I bugged them a bunch about it, then finally, they played "Something Anything" as their "River Current" (the song of the day) last week. :D !!!! I was SO HAPPY! Haven't heard it since then...I'll have to bug them to play it more often!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Would it be fair to say that they are more Radio 2 material now rather than Radio 1 in the UK?

I have Sirius Satellite Radio in my car and I get Radio 1. I was really excited at first, thinking "Oh! Cool! British Radio!! They'll play good music!!" Uh...not...really. :/ Once in a while I'll hear the new Oasis song or The Verve...but they play a LOT of crap. I don't even really bother with it any more because I've found two better stations (Alt Nation and Left Of Center) that play loads of cool Indie stuff (no Travis yet though)...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yes, that is correct, but they don't play Travis either. Though Fran has appeared in a couple of radio 2 interviews in the past few months, and of course they played Travis then, but i don't think they get on the station's playlist.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
I haven't lived in the Uk for a few years now Nikki but I always had good memories of Radio 1 and the quality of music it played. I admit I now prefer a bit of Radio 2 but don't know if it's simply because I'm getting old, LOL!! I get the impression radio 1 are just not indie- orientated.

Well done on getting the radio station to plug travis. I think we just have to keep on their backs until they get so fed up with us that they give in, haha. In France, we only get to hear Sing :-(

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yes, that is correct, but they don't play Travis either. Though Fran has appeared in a couple of radio 2 interviews in the past few months, and of course they played Travis then, but i don't think they get on the station's playlist.

Yes, I remember the interviews but assumed they were playing their music :-(

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:20 PM