Travis

Re: We Were There.
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
Who knew Travis were playing there tonight? If people knew they were there, they might have got a decent crowd.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:33 PM Quote
exactly, ben...

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
At least they didn´t throw Vegetables and tomatoes to stage

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:33 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Who knew Travis were playing there tonight? If people knew they were there, they might have got a decent crowd.

Wish I could have seen this with you guys. I’m trying to download it now. How can you not be into a Travis concert?!? Even if you’ve never heard of them before. They’re music is infectious and makes you just want to put your arms up and dance!

Was this concert listed with the other tour dates?! I don’t recall seeing it. I could be wrong. Did the German boardies even know this was happening?!? I'd be seriously gutted and pissed off if Travis came to my city and I wasn't informed about it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:18 AM Quote
Hey Nikki! :) I think the one you're downloading is from Friday night right? We are talking about the one from last night (Saturday). Friday's gig was better, longer set too. :) But both nights were really great fun and so I do hope the band think about streaming live gigs over the site from time to time. :)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:37 AM Quote
Yeah, maybe they could do a boardies only gig!!!! x

Mandy
Mandy Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:25 AM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
Yeah, maybe they could do a boardies only gig!!!! x
I was thinking the same last night. It would create a so much better atmosphere all around :)

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:32 AM Quote
I did have a little chuckle when the German guy came into the chatroom and said "hey why are you all speaking English?" Welcome to Travisland on holiday in Germany :-)
It WAS good fun experiencing the Livestream together and I really hope that they'll be more. Not 2 nights in a row however, I'm knackered and feel like I've been partying the whole weekend, LOL.
Thanks again to Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil and Claes for gritting their teeth and doing their stuff for those who appreciated their efforts!

Pipe_Dream
Pipe_Dream Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:44 AM Quote
omg, i just noticed they played in my hometown and i didn`t even knew, as i don`t listen to this horrible radio station at all^^ why was there no announcement on the website or something like that? i guess i`m not the only one who would have loved to see travis, but just didn`t know about it - and as i said: the radio station is horrible and so are most of the people who listen to it :(
poor travis, poor me... next time you`ll come to Nürnberg (if you`re not totally scared of this place now) please tell us! i promise, there will be a much better crowd!

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:32 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
...the crowd seemed to have a bit of a charisma bypass.

:D :D I've got to keep this expression in mind *lol*

Sarah- wrote:

gah, i really feel like i have to apologize for this.

Oh god, me too. I felt so sick yesterday, watching all those horrible bands (THE DONOTS? for GOD'S sake, how are people supposed to get a better impression of German culture when they get to see THEM and Jennifer Rostock crap???)

BELIEVE ME, folks, there ARE great German bands. Popular ones, too. It's just another crowd listening to them, the one at the NRJ thing yesterday consisted of insecure 16-year-olds and donots-fans :*(

Kettcar are great, for example (ask mili, she's a fan, too :D)... and Erdmöbel (it's not an official video, and ahem this song should be familiar even to non-German-speakers...) Tomte and Tocotronic are also great bands ... *sighs*
And of course, we've got the Sportfreunde Stiller ;p

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
Pipe_Dream wrote:
omg, i just noticed they played in my hometown and i didn`t even knew, as i don`t listen to this horrible radio station at all^^ why was there no announcement on the website or something like that? i guess i`m not the only one who would have loved to see travis, but just didn`t know about it - and as i said: the radio station is horrible and so are most of the people who listen to it :(
poor travis, poor me... next time you`ll come to Nürnberg (if you`re not totally scared of this place now) please tell us! i promise, there will be a much better crowd!

see? that's what i'm saying...

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
i'm so ashamed that this actually happend in germany =(

hrrm.

Me toooo! I was watching it via livestream and all the time I was just wondering WHY THE HELL they didn't look as happy as I did although they were actually there and I wasn't! But the gig was amazing :)

Mandy
Mandy Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
I'm really considering going now if they play another gig in germany soon, just to make up for this (well I was planning to anyway really, always a good excuse to visit my folks too hehe)

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
Mandy wrote:
I'm really considering going now if they play another gig in germany soon, just to make up for this (well I was planning to anyway really, always a good excuse to visit my folks too hehe)

good idea!
but if it's a Travis-only gig, there will be an euphoric crowd anyway :)
(as Sarah and me have been trying to say since Saturday night: the crowd in Nuremberg was really dumb, but they
a) had their energy sucked out by the previous bands
b) won the tickets from a radio station that's definitely NOT famous for playing travis)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I did have a little chuckle when the German guy came into the chatroom and said "hey why are you all speaking English?" Welcome to Travisland on holiday in Germany :-)

that was funny! And he stayed in there with us. I think he found us entertaining.
And we all learned some German, and managed to register on a german website. A successful day for all.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:26 PM