Travis

chris martin spotted at travis astoria gig
Craig
Craig Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Lucky Coldplaying members Sarah, Felix and Mark met Chris Martin last night at Travis’ Astoria gig in London.

Up on the balcony, the Coldplay singer Chris Martin could be seen pogoing, along with everyone else, to Why Does It Always Rain on Me? And down on the stage, Travis approached their task with an unforced enthusiasm and vigour that was quite unlike the more measured performances of even a year ago, when it still seemed as if the stakes were that much higher.

source coldplaying.com

Re: chris martin spotted at travis astoria gig
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
Hahaha, Chris Martin is turning a Travis fan xD

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
looks like he is indeed

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
He should be, considering there would be no Coldplay without Travis.

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
He should be, considering there would be no Coldplay without Travis.

exactly

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
Perhaps he's just needing to remind himself how Travis do it! Woo hoo they rock (Travis that is!!!!)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
oops! XD, if he see this board, he could find my thread on the other board, complaining about his "dance" in Viva la vida video XD, sorry chris, but, that video would be a little better if you wouldn't dance on it

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
quite a few famous people there, I was chatting to Tim Rice-Oxley from Keane. Noone else seemed to notice him though.

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
Travis did "invent" Coldplay, according to Martin.

The role that Travis play in British rock history is remarkable. They are the bridge between Oasis and Blur's BritPop, and the "very heavy soft rock" that Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Editors and Keane play.

The bridge is the best part of the journey. It's a shame that Travis haven't been allowed to sustain their popularity by the commercial music realm and have been snubbed by the Radiohead-adoring critic elite.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
I know Chris said that but he is the sort of guy to knock himself. I don't think Travis 'invented' Coldplay. They already existed. I think the fact that The Man Who was so successful made it easier for bands like Coldplay, Keane and Snow Patrol to become the successful bands they are today. The Man Who is still a bigger selling album in the UK than any of those others have had. :) Yes, if Travis hadn't had the success, maybe things would be different. Who knows what things would be like. :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know Chris said that but he is the sort of guy to knock himself. I don't think Travis 'invented' Coldplay. They already existed. I think the fact that The Man Who was so successful made it easier for bands like Coldplay, Keane and Snow Patrol to become the successful bands they are today. The Man Who is still a bigger selling album in the UK than any of those others have had. :) Yes, if Travis hadn't had the success, maybe things would be different. Who knows what things would be like. :)

That´s the why i say, The Man Who is the best Travis album nowaday.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:42 AM Quote

Fran and Chris are good friends, aren't they? Fran said in couple of interviews they helped each other out with taking care of their kids and stuff. And they built a teepee together! Lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:

Fran and Chris are good friends, aren't they? Fran said in couple of interviews they helped each other out with taking care of their kids and stuff. And they built a teepee together! Lol.

Yes, that is correct. :) I read/heard that too.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:58 AM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
It's a shame that Travis haven't been allowed to sustain their popularity by the commercial music realm and have been snubbed by the Radiohead-adoring critic elite.

I really don't get that- why Radiohead? They're really nothing special in my eyes- or should i say ears

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 2:06 AM Quote
yep, that's true. A friend told me yesterday she saw him at the gig but nobody take care about him there... he was just a fan there...

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:55 PM