Travis

so what would we like album 7 to be like?
Craig
Craig Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
so guys what will album 7 sound like? do we want a more rocky album like good feeling and ode to j.smith or do we want something like the man who again?

id like another album like ode to j.smith 12 memories type. love to hear more of andy letting rip. im sure it will sound as passionate and as touching as all the albums heve been so far

Re: so what would we like album 7 to be like?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:54 AM Quote
Bit early to be thinking about it and i'm sure my thoughts will change over the coming year. At the moment, more songs like Song To Self, Quite Free, Chinese Blues etc rather than Long Way Down, Something Anything, Get Up. :) So i suppose more of The Man Who/Invisible Band style but with a little more umph as those songs have. :)

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
To be as good as the last 6!

Is my answer too vague? teehee

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:06 AM Quote
An album like TBWNN!!!!!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 7:40 AM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
To be as good as the last 6!

Is my answer too vague? teehee

I absolutely agree.
Whatever comes to them naturally.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 8:04 AM Quote
Think they've got it down to a T with OTJS. Maybe a little more rockier (a few tunes in the same vein as U16 Girls) with the same melodic genius of Writing To Reach You/Sing etc. Sure they won't let us down. I've never felt let down by a new Travis album yet so I can't see it starting any time soon :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
och lets chew on the Ode for a while.

Once digested I'm ready for anything, I'll gobble it all up, whatever Travis is throwing at me! yummy :)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
I've finally received my copy of ODE this morning so I'm gonna enjoy that before I start thinking about anything else!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
Bring out another 12 memories. Lets see if we can kill the fanbase completely :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Well whatever comes naturally to them, it's bound to be good. Something I'd like to hear would be a few acoustic songs in the vein of 20 and Standing On My Own - really simple folky songs with great melody and rhythm. Or something that flows really nicely and oozes atmosphere, like Sarah and Used To Belong. So I guess maybe I'm leaning towards The Man Who, but then I would, it's my favourite album. Naturally I'd be happy with another rocker though. :)

lestafox
lestafox Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:32 PM Quote
Anyhting thats rocky like goodfeeling and Ode to JS but upbeat to put a wacking big smile on my face like "happy" still does off the first album! The happy positive vibe pls!!!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
Agree with Ben. With my personal taste, I'd really rather less J.Smiths, Something Anythings, Get Ups, Long Way Downs etc because while they're perfectly good songs, they're just not what I've grown to see as Travis and not anything like as much to my taste. Comparing them to the stuff on The Man Who really doesn't do them any favours. 'Umph' is a good term, but not just in terms of loudness, in terms of emotional impact and that's where I find these pretty empty. It's not that there's something missing, it's that there's something just not there at all.

But, BUT - Last Words, Quite Free, BYWY, Chinese Blues etc are absolutely, e.x.a.c.t.l.y in my 'zone', more than anything off 12 Memories or TBWNN, even. More of this please.

And much as it's nice to have the 'story' of J.Smith, my personal opinion is that it's a bit of a strange, pointless gimmick that doesn't even really make an impression as the tracks are apparantly jumbled up so doesn't move through the 'story'. I liked it when the songs were personal, autobiographical, where you knew exactly what it was about.

But that's just my taste talking. Whatever, whenever - it'll be the highlight of my musical year still.

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
More banjo and twang!! lol - Anything so long as it's by Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil ;o)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
"Play the hairy banjo, the banjo, the banjo..."

;)

By rights the next album should be a B-sides album, surely?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
"Play the hairy banjo, the banjo, the banjo..."

;)

By rights the next album should be a B-sides album, surely?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:14 PM