jesusaremus Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 7:02 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
Double post.}
Please Fran! Write a book! XD

The double post curse! xD

Jesus, do you know something about some clues in the artwork?

i'm searching...an eye...an eye...i can't understan more the Something anything, a holed heart... but this eye, is open, looking, But that's all i know. I don't know if it's refered to the original book, with this ilustration in which tells "someone like you"
hahaha, Fran is really putting my Brain in work

And the mouth in Song to Self?

only molly knows :(.... i mean, Fran!!

Re: The
elodie
elodie Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:47 PM Quote
the idea of this story is very interesting Fran! :-)
well, this is my point of view :

so Chinese Blues is the first part of the story. J. Smith at the end of the song thinks about the suicide because he is lonely : 'there is nothing keeping him here'

then comes Something Anything. He tries to keep breathing but it is very hard for him, to find something interesting in his life which could help him to stay a little bit longer.

then he comes back at home. Logically, I would put 'Broken Mirror' after because he is lost and pushes the mirror... He doesn't know anymore who he is.

the girl arrives and she tries to make him 'Get Up'.

she sings 'Quite Free' to make him realise that he is not alone and that she would like him to be more happy, more independent as a grown-up. The boy in the song is probably J. Smith, the girl with the dirty mind is herself.

then, there is probably 'Song To Self' because J. Smith is feeling blue and he thinks he doesn't deserve to live anymore.

and 'Last Words' He is thinking about the last words he would let for his girlfriend after his death.

the song 'J. Smith' comes in, he is sent to hell.

then 'Long Way Down' when he leaves the earth...

finally the girl comes back and she tries to tell him she will never leave him with 'Friends'. She is sad he is not around, even if she is better now because he didn't treat her right.

and finally the last song 'Before You Were Young', sang by J. Smith, as a ghost maybe (I join the Nikki's point of view here!).

sorry if it is wrong... this is what I've only found for the moment.

EDIT : I've realised that my previous theory was not totally complete...

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
Aaaaaah, I'm lost.
I realised, though, that I got a part right... I had already thought of the "before you were born" thing.

Chinese Blues. I think it's someone looking at the world. Maybe for one last time.
J. Smith. Read a review on the net on which they said it was the last song on the album. Dunno if it's just an error or that guy had found somthing... And I tried to traduct the last latin part and it gave... "To sink your now to a boundary mark But very deos vade to reconsider Name nowhere to see Carbonis upon culo upon aeternitatem It pleases to pay a creditor you vedere"
Something Anything. Considering the whole suicide theory, that one would be, in my opinion, in the beginning. Serching for something to hold on could be the beginning of a depression.
Long Way Down. Someone fleeing whatever he did.
Broken Mirror. It's been said before, it's probably someone thinking about himself, looking at his reflection.
Last Words. I see a connection with Something Anything, but it could be actually a thought about the last things you wanna say before you're gone...

I'm keeping it there for the moment. My head's going to shut down.

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
J Smith is the one that dies.

Yes, would be great to actually read the story. :)

So how would he sing BYWY? I think the girl dies.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 12:44 AM Quote
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Because Fran has said many times, and he did in tonight's gig too... he dies during J Smith.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Because Fran has said many times, and he did in tonight's gig too... he dies during J Smith.

We should write down what we know for SURE. We know J dies. We know the first and last songs. Do we know for SURE that there is a girl? Might there also be a narrater, someone outside the story telling the tale?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
We know Chinese Blues is first, Before You Were Young is last.
We know that J Smith himself dies during J Smith, gets sent back to earth which for him is hell.
We know that Friends is sung by a girl.
We know that J Smith sings Before You Were Young.

I think that is all we know for sure. :)

Bryn
Bryn Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:51 AM Quote
That's a pretty short short list!:)

paulo
paulo Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 2:18 AM Quote
Why does everyone think that J smith definitely commited suicide?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
paulo wrote:
Why does everyone think that J smith definitely commited suicide?

Read the lyrics!! It's all in there! Nearly every song I've heard has references to J. wanting to commit suicide.
"I don't belong any longer" -- from Song to Self
"He swears at the sun and he curses the moon for his shadow" -- from J. Smith. He doesn't want a shadow, meaning...he wants to die.
"The radio's in the bath" -- from J. Smith. He puts his radio in the bath and electrocutes himself.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 3:24 AM Quote
elodie, I don't know if yours is the exact right order, but it looks pretty good to me. I think you're on the right track.

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:17 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

i thought he got sent back? argh still very confusing. i thought the girl committed suicide cause J. treated her like shit.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

i thought he got sent back? argh still very confusing. i thought the girl committed suicide cause J. treated her like shit.

he suicide. and he's returned to earth. How?, we don't know, lot of theories, he could go back to his own body, but i really doubt it.
I don't think the girl suicided, she says it very clearly "but i'm glad i'm better now, but i'm sad you're not around" And J. in BYWY says "if you ever need me call, i will be there waiting when you fall you know i will" somehow, i think they can't contact, or contac very directly, J.'s not around anymore, and he feel sorry, that's why i think he's not on the same body as he used to, before the suicide.

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:09 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

he suicide. and he's returned to earth. How?, we don't know, lot of theories, he could go back to his own body, but i really doubt it.
I don't think the girl suicided, she says it very clearly "but i'm glad i'm better now, but i'm sad you're not around" And J. in BYWY says "if you ever need me call, i will be there waiting when you fall you know i will" somehow, i think they can't contact, or contac very directly, J.'s not around anymore, and he feel sorry, that's why i think he's not on the same body as he used to, before the suicide.

yea, that makes sense. Now I'm thinking that the girl knew him before he dieds so the song J.Smith should be close to last. it's like he's watching from the spirit world.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:09 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
We know Chinese Blues is first, Before You Were Young is last.
We know that J Smith himself dies during J Smith, gets sent back to earth which for him is hell.
We know that Friends is sung by a girl.
We know that J Smith sings Before You Were Young.

I think that is all we know for sure. :)

we only know that we don't know nothing...

and we're broken our minds trying to understand the history... it's better than play sudoku!! lol

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:06 PM