Travis

Re: EUROPE!
Light
Light Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
So damn inspiring you are, I ve to meet you. ;)
Enough time for search places on google, thats ok. Hiking sounds really catching to me. Stripped and genuine nature is where I belong to. Seems I chose for perfect place.

lainee
lainee Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:06 AM Quote

[/quote]

In one of the tourist guides, they say there's only one vegetarian restaurant in Paris (not sure if that's true...) so we went to it. It's kind of near Bastille (if memory serves me right). It's BOLLOCKS. Do not go there!! Haha. A few years later we saw it on a television show for bad restaurants. Sounds like an awesome trip! I might recommend a day trip from each place, so you can see the sights outside of the cities, they're cheap and pretty cool. [/quote]

Thanks for this - I have heard that Paris will be hardest place to find vegetarian food. I think I will probably be eating baguettes for most of the time!

lainee
lainee Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:12 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
don't skip London, it's amazing!!!

With the rest I can't really help you, I'm from Munich (Bavaria, Germany, the city of the original "Oktoberfest" *rollseyes* ;) ).

I can't even tell you to come to Munich instead of going to Berlin, because - while Munich is by far the most beautiful city in Germany (really, it's got the best "life quality" and everything) - if you're just doing a 4-weeks-trip you just HAVE to see Berlin and spend more than just 2-3 days there. There's so much history and culture to see. Hm, one of the most famous cafés in Berlin is the "Schwarzes Café" (Black Café) in Berlin-Charlottenburg - I've never been there myself, but I once met a girl who was a waitress there and she said it's great ;)

By the way, I think going to Berlin, Amsterdam, London, Barcelona and Paris is just about right for a 4-weeks trip - they're all great European cities. Rome is missing, though. I would reconsider that if I were you (maybe cut Amsterdam short and go to Rome for at least 3 days?)

Cool - thanks for this! My original plan was to go to Berlin, Amsterdam, London, Prague, Rome, Barcelona and Paris in 3 weeks! This idea lasted only a few days and now I've changed it to the five places and extended the visit to 4 weeks. Would love to see Rome but it was a toss up between Berlin and Rome and everyone who has been to Berlin tells me that I simply can't miss out so I think Rome will have to wait until the next visit....

lainee
lainee Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
Would love it if I could see Travis play when I'm over there in Europe. Or at least hope that Travis DON'T come to Australia in June so that I don't miss out!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
lainee wrote:

In one of the tourist guides, they say there's only one vegetarian restaurant in Paris (not sure if that's true...) so we went to it. It's kind of near Bastille (if memory serves me right). It's BOLLOCKS. Do not go there!! Haha. A few years later we saw it on a television show for bad restaurants. Sounds like an awesome trip! I might recommend a day trip from each place, so you can see the sights outside of the cities, they're cheap and pretty cool. [/quote]

Thanks for this - I have heard that Paris will be hardest place to find vegetarian food. I think I will probably be eating baguettes for most of the time! [/quote]

You're welcome :-) We stayed around Republique, which might be a eastern influenced area because of the food, they do really yummy kebabs, if you were desperate for a break from baguettes!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
lainee wrote:
Would love it if I could see Travis play when I'm over there in Europe. Or at least hope that Travis DON'T come to Australia in June so that I don't miss out!

Oh, you're from Aussie! Cool, whereabouts? If you've got any luck like me, they'll have dates announced for the day after you leave :-)

lainee
lainee Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
lainee wrote:

Oh, you're from Aussie! Cool, whereabouts? If you've got any luck like me, they'll have dates announced for the day after you leave :-)

Oh I hope not!! I'm from Melbourne. What about you?

I have just found a few vegetarian restaurants in Paris on http://www.happycow.net/europe/france/paris/index.html

Woohoo!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
lainee wrote:
Would love to see Rome but it was a toss up between Berlin and Rome and everyone who has been to Berlin tells me that I simply can't miss out so I think Rome will have to wait until the next visit....

ok, in this case you're doing the right thing! :)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
lainee wrote:
kiwi wrote:
lainee wrote:

Oh I hope not!! I'm from Melbourne. What about you?

I have just found a few vegetarian restaurants in Paris on http://www.happycow.net/europe/france/paris/index.html

Woohoo!

Ah cool, I've only ever been to WA... lived in Perth for nearly a year, god I miss the sun!! I'm kind of from Christchurch in NZ originally... move around too much.
Haha, success! Make sure one isn't the scary one.. with the charcoal lasagne and crappy service... who cares though really, when you're in France!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:08 AM