Travis

Over the counter culture
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
my music shopping list for the next couple months....

1.ode to j.Smith....obviously
2.dig out your soul-oasis....still hoping for another morning glory....fingers crossed
3.perfect symmetry-keane....hooked
4.new snow patrol....one of the few lead singers who actually smiles anymore
5.day and age-killers....as if i could ever just say no

I actually do still buy cds....crazy, I know
what say you,need i add to my list???

Re: Over the counter culture
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
Dig Out Your Soul is nothing like Morning Glory. I heard someone say it was life Definately Maybe, which it definately is not! It's a lot different from their other stuff, I was listening to it yesterday thinking it doesn't sound like Oasis... The Shock Of The Lightning is probably the most Oasis-sounding song, well in my opinion anyway.

And by the title of this thread I thought you were talking about The Ordinary Boys' album Over The Counter Culture haha. I love it! :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
I just bought Dig Out Your Soul on my way home from work. Came out here today.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Dig Out Your Soul is nothing like Morning Glory. I heard someone say it was life Definately Maybe, which it definately is not! It's a lot different from their other stuff, I was listening to it yesterday thinking it doesn't sound like Oasis... The Shock Of The Lightning is probably the most Oasis-sounding song, well in my opinion anyway.

And by the title of this thread I thought you were talking about The Ordinary Boys' album Over The Counter Culture haha. I love it! :D

lol,yeah, otcc is garbage, except for the first track,anyway,my expectations have been lowered by your comments, which is good, maybe oasis' new album will be one of those albums that grows on you, i don't think they've released a really completely good album since morning glory,but i have payed to see them live when i got the chance just cuz they are cool on stage,for example, i have tickets to their next show here, thanks for your insight

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 11:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I just bought Dig Out Your Soul on my way home from work. Came out here today.

HOW IS IT?!!!!

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
'Dig out your soul' came out here last week I think.. I don't like it very much, but I didn't have any great expectations anyway, so it's okay. I liked the last album more, though.

If you like him, you should consider listening to the new Ben Folds album 'Way to normal'. It's the best album I heard this year (except for Ode to J Smith ;) :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I thought it was going to be a thread about the overuse of over-the-counter medications in our culture.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
not-the-same wrote:
'Dig out your soul' came out here last week I think.. I don't like it very much, but I didn't have any great expectations anyway, so it's okay. I liked the last album more, though.

If you like him, you should consider listening to the new Ben Folds album 'Way to normal'. It's the best album I heard this year (except for Ode to J Smith ;) :)

yeah i like ben folds, but i stopped following his releases a while back, i'll check out his new cd. by the way, is till haven't heard any tracks off of the new travis cd, don't want to, it comes out here 11/04....i have to wait

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I thought it was going to be a thread about the overuse of over-the-counter medications in our culture.

lol, it's a very clever title don't you think?, great play on words, i think. that's why i borrowed it

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 8:39 AM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

2.dig out your soul-oasis....still hoping for another morning glory....fingers crossed

I haven't heard Oasis yet but I read a few reviews one of which suggested it's a bit more like the Who with a Baba O'Reilly feel to it, whatever that means ??

I'd definately reccommend The Hawk is Howling by Mogwai.

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and can't stop listening to it. Scotland's Shame and I Love You I'm Going To Blow Up Your School are highlights for me.

Dubz

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

I haven't heard Oasis yet but I read a few reviews one of which suggested it's a bit more like the Who with a Baba O'Reilly feel to it, whatever that means ??

I'd definately reccommend The Hawk is Howling by Mogwai.

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and can't stop listening to it. Scotland's Shame and I Love You I'm Going To Blow Up Your School are highlights for me.

Dubz

mogwai,yeah, i forgot about them, hadn't heard any news about them for a while now, when their first album came out they got all kinds of hype here,didn't know they had a new one out, will check it out this weekend for sure,thanks

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
I buy CDs and Records all the time. There's nothing I like better than going to my local record store and browsing around. I used to go every Tuesday (new Release Day!)

Last ones I bought was the Stand Ins by Okkervil River, and the Stills latest, and TV on the Radio. :)

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I buy CDs and Records all the time. There's nothing I like better than going to my local record store and browsing around. I used to go every Tuesday (new Release Day!)

Last ones I bought was the Stand Ins by Okkervil River, and the Stills latest, and TV on the Radio. :)

THE LAST STILLS CD was really disapointing, what is their new cd like? i won't buy it until someone tells me that it's good. i have seen ads for okervil river,interesting name,what does it mean? is it an actual river somewhere?and lastly, ARE THEY GOOD?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow is worth a listen if you don't already have it.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
Sam, did you ever find Sam Roberts cds?
The Stills are opening for him on his CDN tour, i think. I might be going. A friend bought me a ticket before i gave her an answer, and i was only half interested since i already saw him a few months ago, so she was going to see if someone else wanted it.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:12 AM