Travis

Urban Hymns
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
It's been a while, but i stuck this on cos i remembered it always sounded great as a sunday album. Re-fallen in love with it! Stunning album.

That is all

Re: Urban Hymns
Edel
Edel Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
Oh yes, everyone home should have one

My favourite is 'Catching The Butterfly' but I seem to be alone with this choice. Yours?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:29 PM Quote
Weird. That's the track that's on right now!
God i duno what my favourite would be... Space and Time is pretty special. Then again, There's One Day as well. Aaaah! I duno! lol

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:44 PM Quote
wtf?!? everyone home should have one? Guess its about time I started to avail of the edit button here :0/

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
lol sounds like a plan

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
I'm really sorry but I hate the album, I gave my copy away years ago, it still akes me cringe everytime I hear Bitter Sweet Symphony, I just picture the video and then want to stomp on Richard Ashcroft's face, I know I should seperate the man from the music but he really does my nipple ends right in, I mean can't he be confident without being arrogant, plus I wonder how much of a tough guy he really is, I reckon 5 mins in Ferguslie Park would tell, hehe

*edit* Incedentially the only other album I ended up buying and giving away was Parachutes

Els*
Els* Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:56 PM Quote
i love it and i play it all the time. been playing it for years. sonnet and butterly are my fav tracks.

symphony is the only track they play here in the states.

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
i agree with els about sonnet.
i also like the drugs dont work as well.
im think it was a bit over-hyped when it first came out, but after a few years of settling in, i think its a great record.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
Yeah, i kinda agree Dubz- the whole "Richard Ashcroft" thing (ie. his arrogance) does my head in, but i just get past that and am so in love with his music. Even his solo stuff! So slandered, but i love it. Went to see him last November at the SECC and it was pretty awesome.

Parachutes- there's one i've not listened to in a while!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:34 PM Quote
Yeah, i kinda agree Dubz- the whole "Richard Ashcroft" thing (ie. his arrogance) does my head in, but i just get past that and am so in love with his music. Even his solo stuff! So slandered, but i love it. Went to see him last November at the SECC and it was pretty awesome.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 8:29 AM Quote
thanks for reminding me about it :) it's time Richard Ashcroft gets an airing, yep !

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
i love it and i play it all the time. been playing it for years. sonnet and butterly are my fav tracks.

I agree they are my favs too! :)

Love that Album

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 4:48 PM Quote

great disc.

that hidden track scares the crap out of me though with that crying baby on it. always happens, i listen to it on headphones, drop off to sleep only to be awoken by the hidden song, grrr.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 4:50 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

richard ARSEcroft anybody?

anybody?

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaud! X repeat

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:23 PM Quote
Classic! :-)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:10 PM