Travis

Digital Cameras
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
Hi,
Do you have any recommendations for a good camera? I've got a Sony which I've not even had for a year yet but it's horrible for indoors in general. However it's quite good for outside shots. I need something with a better zoom and for indoor/no flash. What do you use? Cheers.

Re: Digital Cameras
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
I need a new one too! I had an amazing Panasonic digital for work at one time, but had to give it back when I changed jobs and it's like more than $300. :/ My personal digital camera is a Cannon that I've had since I was 19. It's very bulky, small screen and outdated now. I want something that'll take good pics in all situations, especially concerts. Any suggestions peeps?

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
I have a nice little Panasonic camera. Very pleased with it.

mili
mili Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
I bought a Olympus Mju 1010 recently, and am still in the introductory stage with it. Some sunsets and close-ups of birds have come out pretty well. I should study the manual, though…

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
I love my Sony...they have a new touch screen version now....the best part is that it shoots kick ass concert vids with little to no noise distortion. I'm going to put together my own little Travis concert vid when I have nothing better to do....which is never...

Sony Camera

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
I love my Sony...they have a new touch screen version now....the best part is that it shoots kick ass concert vids with little to no noise distortion. I'm going to put together my own little Travis concert vid when I have nothing better to do....which is never...

Sony Camera

Moz, on your old Sony are you able to zoom while shooting in video mode?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
ya i love my Sony too.
Im going to buy a Sony DSLR next month.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

Sony Camera

People have been telling me to get a Sony or Panasonic. I've seen that Sony touch-screen. I don't know if I like the idea of getting fingerprints all over the screen though. Kayte, good question. I've never seen a digital camera that can zoom while filming. That'd be a nice feature. Also, sound quality is really important to me as well for concerts. Too bad these clowns they got working at Circuit City and Best Buy no nothing about the product. *sigh*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Sony Camera

People have been telling me to get a Sony or Panasonic. I've seen that Sony touch-screen. I don't know if I like the idea of getting fingerprints all over the screen though. Kayte, good question. I've never seen a digital camera that can zoom while filming. That'd be a nice feature. Also, sound quality is really important to me as well for concerts. Too bad these clowns they got working at Circuit City and Best Buy no nothing about the product. *sigh*

Ok, I looked on Moz's YouTube and he zooms at the very beginning of Battleships, so I guess the answer is yes (if indeed he is using the Sony here).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94u6uppviUw

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Sony Camera

sound quality is one of the prime reasons why i stick with Sony!
And you are right, those people know nothing! Or when they do, it is in crazy technical above my head talk.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
I have two Sony's cameras too, I think that it's a very good make.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
I have a Sony DSC-S80, had it for about 2 years now but could do with a new one as it is a tad bulky. Especially compared with those super skinny ones out there now. But I love it :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:05 PM