Travis

Newcastle was great!
GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:06 AM Quote
A slightly shorter set than that I saw in Manchester the other day, but a really good one - it was rather different from that gig, with a lot of different songs played. Here is the shocker - NO FLOWERS! But on the upside, there were more than a few I have never heard live before, including one which they claimed they have never played live until tonight.

All I Want To Do Is Rock was lovely - earlier on in the gig, a small child at the front barrier (just in front of me) had called out asking for a pick, to which Fran said he would give him one at the end. When "Rock" came along, said small child was given a pick by Andy and played the solo, being allowed afterward to keep the pick! This in addition to being given a pick by Fran at the end too. Just shows how sweet the band are.

Here is the setlist...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/GothmogDave/CopyofDSCF0689.jpg

Re: Newcastle was great!
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
Thanks Dave. ( I gotta picture of the back of you in Manchester - you look like a very good friend of mine :)

No Flowers ! and Colder ! Did Fran play the harmonica?

Glad you had a great gig , its nice to have a change too.

EDIT : Just seen FRIENDS - YESSS!!

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:23 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Thanks Dave. ( I gotta picture of the back of you in Manchester - you look like a very good friend of mine :)

Hehehe cool, you shall have to send me that photo :P

Fran did indeed play the harmonica! I am quite glad the gig was completely different from Manchester, means it was worth going to multiple gigs :D I like it when bands mix it up a bit, don't just play the same setlist every gig.

For instance, I went to see the Moody Blues a few weeks ago and it *was* amazing, and being as it was my first time seeing them I didn't notice this, but apparently they did the same setlist as they have done for 5 years - not even changing the order of songs.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:27 AM Quote
GothyDave wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

Hehehe cool, you shall have to send me that photo :P

Fran did indeed play the harmonica! I am quite glad the gig was completely different from Manchester, means it was worth going to multiple gigs :D I like it when bands mix it up a bit, don't just play the same setlist every gig.

For instance, I went to see the Moody Blues a few weeks ago and it *was* amazing, and being as it was my first time seeing them I didn't notice this, but apparently they did the same setlist as they have done for 5 years - not even changing the order of songs.

Will do ! ( You were snogging your girl a lot and it made me miss my friend :) )

What a bummer for Moody Blues !

Looks like I'm gonna have to travel now to see 'Friends' hmmmm

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Will do ! ( You were snogging your girl a lot and it made me miss my friend :) )

Who knows, maybe they will add it to the setlist more often now!

And you'd kiss someone a lot if twas your last night of seeing them for a long time ;) I'm a student at Newcastle, and she just started uni in Manchester, so it will cost too much to see her until she is home for Christmas.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
Good set list. Pleased to see My Eyes in there. :)

Edit! I don't understand. They've played all of them before. Did they do another?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
GothyDave wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

Who knows, maybe they will add it to the setlist more often now!

And you'd kiss someone a lot if twas your last night of seeing them for a long time ;) I'm a student at Newcastle, and she just started uni in Manchester, so it will cost too much to see her until she is home for Christmas.

She def got enough kisses to last for 3 Months! heehee

Was nice :)

I was just wishing you were my friend but I will be seeing him soon, he lives away too :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Good set list. Pleased to see My Eyes in there. :)

Edit! I don't understand. They've played all of them before. Did they do another?

I haven't heard Friends but have heard Colder.

EDIT : Correction I have heard Friends in Notts !

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Which shows the band have bad memories, as I think that is the one they claimed to have never played before. Hehehe I reckon the little boy who got singled out will remember the gig for the rest of his life!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:52 AM Quote
GothyDave wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

Which shows the band have bad memories, as I think that is the one they claimed to have never played before. Hehehe I reckon the little boy who got singled out will remember the gig for the rest of his life!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Conckers/Travis003.jpg

Your Photo - Hope you dont mind - I'l privatise if you prefer :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:52 AM Quote
Cheers for the setlist!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:54 AM Quote
To be fair though , the Notts Gig was sort of a taster session rather than a full blown, on the road gig....

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 12:58 AM Quote
Don't mind at all :)

toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 7:44 AM Quote
I thought the crowd were TERRIBLE at a gig I was really up for.
No one even moved until the last song and that took Fran to get people to.
It was an embarrassment and Id be surprised if they play Newcastle on the Academy tour next year.
I'll be travelling to Glasgow for the next gig, they know how to party up there.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 7:56 AM Quote
Is it terrible though? I'm not sure it is........ although it may seem so. I know I used to like just to take it all in but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. I suppose this is one for a debate!

I suppose its terrible for someone who likes to join in and finds yourself on your own , that can feel odd !. Wolverhampton people were quiet but I know everyone around me was loving it even if they weren't moving that much.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:58 PM