Travis

Re: Open Air Gampel - Pictures and videos
Lucile
Lucile Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 1:23 AM Quote
Thanks everyone. Glad you like the pictures and videos. I have a few more pictures that I need to get developed. I'll post them if they turn out well.

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 8:53 AM Quote
Wow some really great pictures there. Glad you had a great time. What bands were on earlier then that you got your bruises from?

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
Great pictures, particularly the ones of Dougie...made me smile. :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
Wow some really great pictures there. Glad you had a great time. What bands were on earlier then that you got your bruises from?

The first gig was William White. I'd never heard of him but it wasn't bad. It was pretty quiet. The next show on the main stage was a Swiss rap band called Stress. Boy, was that horrible!!! We also had to pretend we enjoyed it because the people behind us were after our spots! The worst part was when the singer jumped down from the stage, stood right in front of me and started rubbing himself against me - the crowd was pushing me just to touch him and I could barely move or breathe as I was caught between him and the people pushing behind. That was a relief when it was all over!

But it all went from bad to worse from that show onwards. After the rap band, we had to watch "Eagles of death metal". The music wasn't bad, but the crowd was beginning to be extremely pushy. There were a lot of people crowd surfing so I got kicked in the head several times. The guard in front of me was laughing and dancing to the music and when he saw people crowd surfing, he just couldn't be bothered to pull them out of the crowd so he and his colleague pushed them back! But the people in the audience got tired of holding them so they all took a few steps back which caused the guys who were crowd surfing to crash onto the ground. This happened 5 or 6 times and the guards just laughed. I was shocked - I mean even if I hate it when people crowd surf because I always end up getting kicked, those people could have been badly injured, one of them actually landed on his neck!

The next band was Sportfreunde Stiller, a German band. I have to say that I didn't enjoy their performance at all - I don't even know what they played or what they looked like and I had no time to try and enjoy it as I was too busy fighting for my spot. The crowd went completely nuts! They started pogoing so much that it even got dangerous and several people had to be pulled out. I was literally crushed against the barriers and the people behind me all tried to get my spot. I got kicked in the head and behind the knees, punched in the back, elbowed in the ribs - a nightmare. The guy behind me then rested his head and arms on my back and and believe it or not he fell asleep on my back! It lasted an hour but it felt so much longer!

jripes
jripes Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 8:07 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:

The first gig was William White. I'd never heard of him but it wasn't bad. It was pretty quiet. The next show on the main stage was a Swiss rap band called Stress. Boy, was that horrible!!! We also had to pretend we enjoyed it because the people behind us were after our spots! The worst part was when the singer jumped down from the stage, stood right in front of me and started rubbing himself against me - the crowd was pushing me just to touch him and I could barely move or breathe as I was caught between him and the people pushing behind. That was a relief when it was all over!

But it all went from bad to worse from that show onwards. After the rap band, we had to watch "Eagles of death metal". The music wasn't bad, but the crowd was beginning to be extremely pushy. There were a lot of people crowd surfing so I got kicked in the head several times. The guard in front of me was laughing and dancing to the music and when he saw people crowd surfing, he just couldn't be bothered to pull them out of the crowd so he and his colleague pushed them back! But the people in the audience got tired of holding them so they all took a few steps back which caused the guys who were crowd surfing to crash onto the ground. This happened 5 or 6 times and the guards just laughed. I was shocked - I mean even if I hate it when people crowd surf because I always end up getting kicked, those people could have been badly injured, one of them actually landed on his neck!

The next band was Sportfreunde Stiller, a German band. I have to say that I didn't enjoy their performance at all - I don't even know what they played or what they looked like and I had no time to try and enjoy it as I was too busy fighting for my spot. The crowd went completely nuts! They started pogoing so much that it even got dangerous and several people had to be pulled out. I was literally crushed against the barriers and the people behind me all tried to get my spot. I got kicked in the head and behind the knees, punched in the back, elbowed in the ribs - a nightmare. The guy behind me then rested his head and arms on my back and and believe it or not he fell asleep on my back! It lasted an hour but it felt so much longer!

I agree with you the wait was horrible. I hated Sportfreunde Stiller.

chloe78
chloe78 Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 5:01 PM Quote
Oh wow! Your pictures look great! Did you have photo pass?? I adored the show, it's so nice to see the photos! Thanks!!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
Love the pictures! They're great :)
Thanks for posting them.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
chloe78 wrote:
Oh wow! Your pictures look great! Did you have photo pass?? I adored the show, it's so nice to see the photos! Thanks!!

No, I didn't have a photo pass. I took those with a regular point-and-shoot camera.

furiz
furiz Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:18 AM Quote
Thanks for your pics Lucile!
I was there too, and I really had good time!

I already knew I was going to this festival because of Eagles Of Death Metal. But I got quite excited when I learnt that Travis would be the "special guest".
I had been waiting for years to see them live!

The setlist was great! They played a lot of my favourite songs. I loved the way they played Flowers In The Window, it was beautiful and funny at the same time!
But I think one of my favourite moments was when they played Why Does It Always Rain On Me. Such a great song...but it's a shame that only a few people seem to know the lyrics.

I agree people were quite stupid during Eagles Of Death Metal...last time I saw them, the audience was much better!

Anyway, I hope these two gigs will be on tv soon!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 4:04 PM Quote
Incredible pictures....what camera??

But, seriously...this has to be the pic of the year...hilarious...Great job!!

Lucile wrote:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1058/1184089570_54670c678a.jpg

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 6:24 PM Quote
I agree, that's one of the best I've seen. It looks like they appreciated seeing a familiar face in the audience.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
great pictures...love that dougie payne! ;)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Incredible pictures....what camera??

But, seriously...this has to be the pic of the year...hilarious...Great job!!

Thanks Mozman :) I used a regular point-and-shoot compact camera (Sony DCST100). I'd never tried it at a gig before so I'm really pleased with the result :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
furiz wrote:
Anyway, I hope these two gigs will be on tv soon!

Thanks Furiz. Do you think there's a chance to see those gigs on tv? On what channel?

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:03 PM