Travis

Good Riddance!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 6:45 AM Quote
TRL is going off the air. Now maybe, just maybe, if MTV get's rid of all of it's stupid reality shows (Date My Mom? My Super Sweet Sixteen, Busted, I could go on), tweaks it's format to play less top 40 crap, and a slightly bigger range. And if they, I don't know, ACTUALLY PLAY MUSIC VIDEOS, then maybe just maybe they might make a comeback. A girl can dream...

P.S. For the record, MTVU doesn't suck.

Re: Good Riddance!
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
Yay! Rejoice!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 6:52 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Yay! Rejoice!

Yeah, I bet New Yorkers are happy. For 10 long years tweens with homemade signs were clogging Time Square trying to get a glimpse of Carson Daly. As if Times Square needs anymore assholes standing in the street.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
So happy this is going off the air. Not to defend this dribble but at least they occasionally played videos. True it was only 30 seconds and there'd be kids giving text and video shout outs to their friends the whole time but it's at least something.

Nostalgia trip: I remember when I was a kid they had a video countdown every night and you could call and vote for your favorite video. I would spend hours trying to get through to vote for such classics as "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
So happy this is going off the air. Not to defend this dribble but at least they occasionally played videos. True it was only 30 seconds and there'd be kids giving text and video shout outs to their friends the whole time but it's at least something.

Nostalgia trip: I remember when I was a kid they had a video countdown every night and you could call and vote for your favorite video. I would spend hours trying to get through to vote for such classics as "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston.

How will i know
if he really loves me

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

How will i know
if he really loves me

I used to love 'Ohhhhhhhhhh I want to dance with somebody, want to feel the heat with somebody!'

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I can remember when they were so hungrey for videos they'd played KRAUTS All Twisted video now that was a rawkin 1:45 .
or so .

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

How will i know
if he really loves me

I used to love 'Ohhhhhhhhhh I want to dance with somebody, want to feel the heat with somebody!'

this was pre-cocaine Whitney Houston.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:33 AM