Travis

Chris Martin also loves Jaffa Cakes
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
I'm watching a Canadian show called The Hour and they have a specialin studio with Coldplay recording the new album, and Chris Martin just said "we don't print lyric sheets because it is like giving away the recipe to Jaffa Cakes." Which started a convo about how great Jaffa Cakes are.
Ive decided that Jaffa Cakes are the international bonding agent.

Re: Chris Martin also loves Jaffa Cakes
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 4:36 AM Quote
But does he like Oreos?

;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
But does he like Oreos?

;)

That is a very good question! I hope to God the answer is yes. if not, I volunteer to share a pack with him.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 5:57 AM Quote
So now I'm confused with the whole cookie/biscuit thing. Is a jaffa cake a biscuit?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 8:27 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
So now I'm confused with the whole cookie/biscuit thing. Is a jaffa cake a biscuit?

If it hardens when it goes stale it's a cake. If it gets softer then it's a biscuit.

Or something like that.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I'm watching a Canadian show called The Hour and they have a specialin studio with Coldplay recording the new album, and Chris Martin just said "we don't print lyric sheets because it is like giving away the recipe to Jaffa Cakes." Which started a convo about how great Jaffa Cakes are.

ahh i watched a clip for this..can people who don't live in Canada watch it also? i mean i know it was on like yesterday or something..but do you reckon it will be repeated in other parts of the world, like the UK? I hope soo..

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 7:51 PM Quote

He also likes sucking the farts out of dead seagulls.

Dubz

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:

If it hardens when it goes stale it's a cake. If it gets softer then it's a biscuit.

Or something like that.

That's correct. They made a huge Jaffa cake and proved that it was a cake and not a biscuit.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:

Or something like that.

That's correct. They made a huge Jaffa cake and proved that it was a cake and not a biscuit.

I thought it was the other way around as you pay VAT on Cakes (luxury item) but not on biscuits... ???

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 07 Jun, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

He also likes sucking the farts out of dead seagulls.

Dubz

pmsl

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
rebekah wrote:
minnmess wrote:

ahh i watched a clip for this..can people who don't live in Canada watch it also? i mean i know it was on like yesterday or something..but do you reckon it will be repeated in other parts of the world, like the UK? I hope soo..

I dont know if it will be shown anywhere else bc it is a weekly CDN news/pop culture show (it's not like a one time special or anything)
but here is the link to the video section of the website. See if you can view these...
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/allvideos.php

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:29 AM