Travis

That handsome, flat man
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
I've decided to scrap my original column idea for this week and write about my Flat Stanley experience when I was in second grade. :) It's making me all excited for our FT Project.

Woot.

Re: That handsome, flat man
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
You'll definitely have to share that column.

And yeah what's up with Flat Travis?? I got ideas for his/their visit already.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
I don't know! I have to talk to Kayte about it. We're kinda stuck on the part where...like...you have to actually make it, LOL! I can't really draw that well and my photoshop skills are limited to getting photos "press ready"...so we'll see. Maybe we can recruit a boardie artist to draw Flat Travis. There are plenty of them out there, that's for sure. :) I think it would be cute to have the four of them connected by the hands and feet like paper dolls.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
I just have to get my lazy self to do it. Don is a graphic designer so he's got mad PhotoShop skills. Anytime I ask him if he can do something in PhotoShop his answer is always, "I can do ANYTHING in PhotoShop." It's just that lately, he's been getting home late and it's feed kids, bathe kids, put kids to bed, and then we collapse in front of the TV.

I will get it done by the time we see Son of Rambow so that we can have our picture taken with him. And have him posed with the Spirit of Detroit with the Wings jersey on!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I just have to get my lazy self to do it. Don is a graphic designer so he's got mad PhotoShop skills. Anytime I ask him if he can do something in PhotoShop his answer is always, "I can do ANYTHING in PhotoShop." It's just that lately, he's been getting home late and it's feed kids, bathe kids, put kids to bed, and then we collapse in front of the TV.

I will get it done by the time we see Son of Rambow so that we can have our picture taken with him. And have him posed with the Spirit of Detroit with the Wings jersey on!

Don rules! :D I'm so excited!!! I'm gonna ask around the office to see if anyone knows if the Spirit of Detroit has his red on. He'd better. :P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 12:22 AM Quote
Flat Travis is in the making. Please, I need any BIG pictures (high res) of the guys. Tiny internet ones won't work so well for printing. It doesn't matter if you are in them, because I just need to PhotoShop the heads!

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, all done! Mr. Turtleneck did a great job. Flat Travis is hilarious! This is gonna be fun.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 2:19 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Flat Travis is in the making. Please, I need any BIG pictures (high res) of the guys. Tiny internet ones won't work so well for printing. It doesn't matter if you are in them, because I just need to PhotoShop the heads!

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, all done! Mr. Turtleneck did a great job. Flat Travis is hilarious! This is gonna be fun.

Ohhh!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this!!!!!
Thank you so much Mr. Turtleneck!!!!!!!!!! :oD
I never played before, are there any rules? Who sends it to whom?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
Nikki and I are gonna take Flat Travis on their first adventure tomorrow! Woo hoo!

The way we'll work it is, we'll have a sign-up list (we already have quite a few on the Flat Stanley thread, but we'll open it up again). Then I'll arrange it so that FT is always traveling between countries, because it is more fun to receive international mail. I think it would be fun if we could work it so that someone could take it to a concert and have a photo with the real guys.
Anyway, you just take Flat Travis around and take pictures or make a YouTube video, whatever you like. Post them on the Board. Then after the designated time is up (a week? two weeks?) you contact the next person on the list to get their address, and you send it on. They do the same. Fun!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 2:47 AM Quote
This sounds really fun! I can't wait.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
This is gonna be SO fun!!!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow....the beginning of the FT Project, "Son of Rambow" and, most importantly, meeting a Travis boardie for the first time! :D WOOHOOO.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:24 AM Quote
Aww, I'm jealous, have fun girls! :o)
And post the pics quickly! :oP

This is going to be awesome!
I still have a question (sorry). When we send it we send just Flat Travis in an envelope? Nothing else?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:29 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
This is gonna be SO fun!!!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow....the beginning of the FT Project, "Son of Rambow" and, most importantly, meeting a Travis boardie for the first time! :D WOOHOOO.

hide your wallet

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 5:52 AM Quote
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Btw, I can't believe you two live in the same town and never met in person before!!

spid
spid Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 8:14 AM Quote
COunt me in!

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 8:56 AM Quote
I'd just like to re-iterate how cool this idea is, and how I'll take him for the Aberdeen leg, definitely!!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:53 PM