Travis

Radiohead North American tour dates!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Score! I just found this announcement...

RADIOHEAD CONFIRMS NORTH AMERICAN TOUR MARKETS

With In Rainbows having debuted today at #1 on the U.S. charts, RADIOHEAD has confirmed the cities to be visited on the band's upcoming North American tour.

The tour will take place in two segments, one prior to and one following the recently announced summer tour of the UK and Europe.

The cities IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER are:

Atlanta
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Houston
Indianapolis
Los Angeles
Miami
Montreal
New York
Philadelphia
San Diego
San Francisco
Santa Barbara
Seattle
St Louis
Tampa
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington DC<---!!!

Exact dates and venues will be announced at a later date.

This totally made my week. For real. F*ck yes!

Re: Radiohead in America!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
Cool! Thanks Lauren!! God, I'd LOVE to see them live. A Chicago and Cleveland date but no Detroit?! :( Whaaa!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
Yeah, hopefully you can make it to Chicago. Ughh for me it just depends on if they come before or after their European tour. I'm planning on STL if I'm home, or DC if I'm still @ school. But then again this could totally end up screwing me in the you-know-what by the timing.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
i know l.a. will sell out...eff. hope my friends and i can get tickets! :D

Re: Radiohead North American tour dates!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
Well, if I'm planning a trip to Chicago it's probably going to be for the Travis show over Radiohead...but we'll see.

A.B.C.!! :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Well, if I'm planning a trip to Chicago it's probably going to be for the Travis show over Radiohead...but we'll see.

This may sound terrible, but I don't know... I've seen Travis but Radiohead is like a once in a lifetime thing. Please don't shoot me.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:

How far away is Santa Barbara Goose?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

This may sound terrible, but I don't know... I've seen Travis but Radiohead is like a once in a lifetime thing. Please don't shoot me.

I'll just pretend you didn't say it. :) lol. Nah, I know what you mean. But maybe you're more into Radiohead than I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of their music and would love to see them live, but they're songs put me in a trance and are beautiful...I don't know how that translates to a live show. I like to bounce around and sing along at the top of my lungs.

haz
haz Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
nice to see they'll be in boston. i won't be going though. i'm too much of a cranky auld bollocks now to suffer fools gladly, especially in a town that's got a zillion colleges and all that that entails (i.e. boat loads of pretentious look-at-me types moping around acting like they're with the band, yeah?). oh dear no.

*sips horlicks*

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:

How far away is Santa Barbara Goose?

about two hours maybe? not far at all. but there's a college up there so i dunno if it'll sell out...two colleges in san diego as well. i know all the cool kids are gonna be at the radiohead shows so we'll see how it goes.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
How much are radiohead ticket ya think?

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
I saw them back when they did Kid A. It was a really odd show. They new stuff at the time really didn't sit well with the old, it felt like a really disjointed show. And I don't think the crowd were really into the new stuf, instead just waiting to hear 'Just', 'Paranoid Android' etc, and seemed impatient between. Also, they ended their encore with 'Exit Music for a Film', which was almost upsetting as a finale. "We hope that you choke.... that you choke..... that you choke". Thank you and goodnight, you've been a wonderful audience!

I'd be interested to see them again, now they're more settled in their direction.

haz
haz Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
How much are radiohead ticket ya think?

name your price,just like the downloadable album.

haz
haz Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I saw them back when they did Kid A. It was a really odd show. They new stuff at the time really didn't sit well with the old, it felt like a really disjointed show. And I don't think the crowd were really into the new stuf, instead just waiting to hear 'Just', 'Paranoid Android' etc, and seemed impatient between. Also, they ended their encore with 'Exit Music for a Film', which was almost upsetting as a finale. "We hope that you choke.... that you choke..... that you choke". Thank you and goodnight, you've been a wonderful audience!

I'd be interested to see them again, now they're more settled in their direction.

there's nothing more satisfying than a settled direction.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
San Fran woot! I'll have to see how much tickets are...I'm guessing pretty steep, but I'd love to make it.

I agree with Nikki though, I'm not sure if I'd like how their music translates into a live show. But I guess since they are so popular it must be good.

Lauren-I'm about 5 hrs from Santa Barbara. So I would guess the Goosey is about 2 hrs away. I'm suprised SB is on there...it's not that big of a town.

Edit: err nevermind...goosey already answered

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:09 PM