Travis

Bunk Beds
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
Do you remember when you were younger, and you wanted a bunk bed because you'd be high off of the ground? Well, they're not all that and a bag of chips my friend. I feel like I'm going to fall of at any moment. And the ladder, don't get me started on the ladder.

Re: Bunk Beds
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:18 AM Quote
You got stuck with the top I take it. Be careful about waking up and suddenly sitting up. Ouch.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:20 AM Quote
lol yah i've changed my mind about bunkbeds as well!

you just made me think of the movie big though when he asks elizabeth perkins if he can be "on top" and he climbs up to his bunk! cuuuute!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:27 AM Quote
The bed isn't that close to the ceiling, thank god. I have stayed in a place where the bed was incredibly close to the ceiling, it was scary. and the whole climbing down thing is a drag.

EDIT: Candace is a Biology major
Shasta is a poly-sigh/poli sci/ political science major

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
I used to sleep in one of those until I was five. I slept on the one on the top. I liked it back then, but not so much whenever I fell :oS.

Political science! Cool!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
I still like bunk beds, the only problem I see is that if you want to get something, everything is at ground level. At least you have a shelf beside you with all you need xD

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
heh , just like in the army

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:40 AM Quote
My friend has a loft type situation with a mattress up in the loft. Now that thing freaks me out. The ladder is bolted to the wall and it is a good 15 ft up. I thought I was going to kill myself on that thing-especially climbing down it right after you've woken up.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:43 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
I still like bunk beds, the only problem I see is that if you want to get something, everything is at ground level. At least you have a shelf beside you with all you need xD

I don't got no stinkin' shelf! What I've got is a 8 inch gap between the bed and the wall to and I am very sure that one of these night's I'll wake up trapped between that gap.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:00 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

I don't got no stinkin' shelf! What I've got is a 8 inch gap between the bed and the wall to and I am very sure that one of these night's I'll wake up trapped between that gap.

but can you watch tv from up there ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
Wait until you try and change the sheets. Then you'll reallly hate it!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Wait until you try and change the sheets. Then you'll reallly hate it!

yeah, that's a problem too
Now I began to remember why I changed my bed a couple of years ago xD!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:22 AM Quote
That's a bummer Lauren. I think I'd rather be on the top than on the bottom though, because I'd be afraid of it suddenly collapsing in the middle of the night and crushing me.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:30 AM Quote
I remember falling from the top of a bunk bed when I was 4 or so... I remember I was alone in my bedroom and I ended up on the floor staring at the ceiling.

I think the main problem is changing the sheets... Very uncomfortable! And the other thing is that when you're in a hurry, it takes longer to get out of bed. But that only lasts until you get used to it and begin to jump down instead of using the ladder.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 4:30 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
That's a bummer Lauren. I think I'd rather be on the top than on the bottom though, because I'd be afraid of it suddenly collapsing in the middle of the night and crushing me.

I thought the same way when I chose the top. But now I'd rather be on the bottom...

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:15 PM