Travis

Check out my brother's early X-Mas gift!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 2:30 AM Quote
A few weeks ago my brother put a picture of some electric guitar he's wanted for ever up on the fridge under the heading "Dave's Christmas List" ... (he's 20 mind you) and I just walked by his room and my dad actually went out and bought it for him!!! It's sitting in his room. He's not home yet, so he has no clue...but I snuck in there to take a picture. It's really pretty...I want to play it, lol. I'm not jealous..nope...not at all!

http://i15.tinypic.com/6xq2b11.jpg

Re: Check out my brother's early X-Mas gift!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
Good for him! I'm not getting a lot for christmas this year... I've been naughty...

Not really.

I'm not asking for a lot because of my tuition fees and such. I can't really think of anything I really want besides a new iPod.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 2:40 AM Quote
Yeah...I didn't ask for anything. I stopped asking for presents when I was like 15. He's such a baby with his stupid list. He has a job and has a full ride scholarship. He could have bought it himself or sold his old one that he's never going to use again to buy it...but whatever. At least it's something cool and not a Nintendo Wii.

So what's up Lauren?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 3:02 AM Quote
tell him to mark the nut grooves with a pencil. it'll lubricate the strings and won't go outta tune with the vibrato

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 3:07 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
tell him to mark the nut grooves with a pencil. it'll lubricate the strings and won't go outta tune with the vibrato

Does it look like it's a good guitar Ric? I've never heard of a Italia Modena before. I think he liked it cuz the frets are far apart and the neck of the Fender he had was too small.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Does it look like it's a good guitar Ric? I've never heard of a Italia Modena before. I think he liked it cuz the frets are far apart and the neck of the Fender he had was too small.

yeah fender necks are hit and miss , seems like a few garage rawk types are playing em Modena . Oh wait yeah Von Bondies are Detroit right ? I think the dude has one , maybe Dirtbombs too . i'm more Gibson & Rickenbacker , but rickys gotta weird neck too . You gotta modify your fingerings . I always put a finger on the 12 fret then look to see how bowed is the neck

60's gibson necks are the best to me , here's two of mine a 69 & 66

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/IMG004.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 3:19 AM Quote
Oooooo. Very nice! :)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 5:26 AM Quote
nikki, you're bro's got a really cool christmas present!

ric, nice fancy guitars.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 5:38 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:

ric, nice fancy guitars.

Hi Jude! How are you?

My brother just played "Turn" for me on the new guitar and it sounded great. He made me sing though. Damn! That song is hard on the pipes! You really gotta belt that one out to hit the notes!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 6:16 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heyjude wrote:

ric, nice fancy guitars.

Hi Jude! How are you?

My brother just played "Turn" for me on the new guitar and it sounded great. He made me sing though. Damn! That song is hard on the pipes! You really gotta belt that one out to hit the notes!

hiya! it's laundry night tonight. that's so cool that you and your bro like the same music. yeah, belt it out girl!

so, on the way to lunch with my sis and bro-in-law today, i decided to be car DJ with my iPod. i played some of those x-mas tunes (the ones from the x-mas music thread here) and i was boo'd, like when the clown comes out at showtime at the apollo. they were like, where's the charlie brown christmas music! rough, i tells ya.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 6:27 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Nikki wrote:
heyjude wrote:

ric, nice fancy guitars.

Hi Jude! How are you?

hiya! it's laundry night tonight. that's so cool that you and your bro like the same music. yeah, belt it out girl!

so, on the way to lunch with my sis and bro-in-law today, i decided to be car DJ with my iPod. i played some of those x-mas tunes (the ones from the x-mas music thread here) and i was boo'd, like when the clown comes out at showtime at the apollo. they were like, where's the charlie brown christmas music! rough, i tells ya.

Did you play them Travis' version of "River" ?? I sure hope they didn't boo that one!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 6:32 AM Quote
I love classic Christmas music, but sometimes when I get a little tired of it I'll pop in my more rockin' X-Mas CD...Oasis also has a pretty cool Christmas song. So does Weezer!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 09 Dec, 2007 7:02 AM Quote
i played them that live travis version of "last christmas". can you believe it?? me too, i love rockin' x-mas tunes and covers are great, too.

EDIT: gotta go fold laundry now :-(

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:22 PM