Travis

PSA (Public Service Announcement): STRETCH BEFORE YOU POGO
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 1:52 AM Quote
It has come to my attention that many boardies have been paying the cost of their overjoyment during WDIAROM... they've been paying for it, in PAIN.

After the gig in San Francisco, boardie heyjude went to the doctor's office. Apparently her strenuous pogoing activities made her tendonitis flare up resulting in a stern talking to from her doctor.

After the Seattle show, in addition to feeling happy, and overwhelmed, I (ElspethOllie) was feeling both legs completely cramp up. I removed my boot to show Andy my TRAVIS tattoos. After I was done, I started to put my left boot on and found that my leg would not move, so I walked off with my shoe hanging off my leg, which prompted Andy to ask me, "Are you alright?" My response: "Oh yeah...yeah! It's fine! Good show... good show..."

So let these be tales of warning to you. We all love to pogo, but be sure to take the necessary precautions before partaking in this (literally) uplifting activity. Because if you don't, you'll be sorry.

STRETCH BEFORE YOU POGO

This message has been brought to you by fans of TRAVIS. Thank you.

Re: PSA (Public Service Announcement): STRETCH BEFORE YOU PO
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
Nice. :D
A nice long set list before partaking in said pogoing will increase the blood circulation to the legs. I recommened stretching before the show starts and then again before the encore.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 2:53 AM Quote
Every single time after a Travis gig I have to stay in bed for at least a week XD
My leg always hurts and usually I don't walk too much, I don't run, I don't jump because I can't.
But... In Travis gigs... I don't care about the pain. I don't feel the pain. I'm too happy to stay there.
So I start to jump in WDIAROM and then... Ouch.
XD
But, anyway, I can't stop doing that.
I will do stretching before. Promise.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 3:02 AM Quote
Ohh, if only I had known about this earlier!

I hurt my right knee because I was pogoing (not only during WDIAROM but other songs as well) and there was this fence at the front. My knee was purple for 15 days and swollen for a week. And by swollen I mean I couldn't move it without feeling pain. The funny thing is I didn't realize that until I was moved over the fence once Travis show was over. I had to leave limping. I was so happy when I had to walk 60 blocks to get a taxi afterwards!

Anddd I had bruises on my abdomen due to the fact that people was pushing, so the fence was hurting me... I didn't notice the pressure during the show either :oP.

So I will add a second part to the advice:
If you're at the front and there's a fence and you don't want to get hurt... don't pogo!
(But if you don't mind getting hurt and want to enjoy a Travis gig to the utmost, pogo, don't hessitate).

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 3:16 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I hurt my right knee because I was pogoing (not only during WDIAROM but other songs as well) and there was this fence at the front. My knee was purple for 15 days and swollen for a week. And by swollen I mean I couldn't move it without feeling pain. The funny thing is I didn't realize that until I was moved over the fence once Travis show was over. I had to leave limping. I was so happy when I had to walk 60 blocks to get a taxi afterwards!

Anddd I had bruises on my abdomen due to the fact that people was pushing, so the fence was hurting me... I didn't notice the pressure during the show either :oP.

My god, it's worse then I thought...
Everyone, spread the gospel! Let's look out for one another!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 3:20 AM Quote

(But if you don't mind getting hurt and want to enjoy a Travis gig to the utmost, pogo, don't hessitate).

I choose this one, please :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:12 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:

Haha, it's the best choise, but it's my duty to warn everyone about the unexpected consequences that it entails (?) :oP

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
This made me laugh (and I needed it- it's been a not so good day). To share some pogo madness- when everyone started in the front row during WDIAROM, we all pushed off the barrier, which proceeded to tip forward with everyone leaning on it. It made for a wobbly start to the pogo, but everyone regained balance shortly thereafter and relied a little less on the barrier for the rest of the song.
EDIT: Oh, and there's this really funny picture of me after the show with my sister and friend, who are supporting me - After the gig ended I realised I'd expended all my energy and standing was somewhat difficult.

anace
anace Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:28 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:

Haha, it's the best choise, but it's my duty to warn everyone about the unexpected consequences that it entails (?) :oP

ahhh I suffered a lot of pain right after the gig due to pogoing and the fence. Oh and my neck (guess I got a little too carried away during U16 girls). After the gig I had to walk like a mile to the car, probably less, and what should take me 5 minutes took me like 15. Seriously I could barely move. When I got to the car my dad was all 'wtf why did it take you so long?'. But I could barely walk. And actually I was saying 'ouchhh' with every step lol

Anyways.. don't resist the pogo. it's impossible. But do take preventive measures! :O

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:40 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
This made me laugh (and I needed it- it's been a not so good day). To share some pogo madness- when everyone started in the front row during WDIAROM, we all pushed off the barrier, which proceeded to tip forward with everyone leaning on it. It made for a wobbly start to the pogo, but everyone regained balance shortly therefore and relied a little less on the barrier for the rest of the song.
EDIT: Oh, and there's this really funny picture of me after the show with my sister and friend, who are supporting me - After the gig ended I realised I'd expended all my energy and standing was somewhat difficult.

Lol!!! I had that same problem. I want to see that picture!! xD

anace wrote:

ahhh I suffered a lot of pain right after the gig due to pogoing and the fence. Oh and my neck (guess I got a little too carried away during U16 girls). After the gig I had to walk like a mile to the car, probably less, and what should take me 5 minutes took me like 15. Seriously I could barely move. When I got to the car my dad was all 'wtf why did it take you so long?'. But I could barely walk. And actually I was saying 'ouchhh' with every step lol

Anyways.. don't resist the pogo. it's impossible. But do take preventive measures! :O

Lol, these anecdotes are so funny!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:19 AM Quote
take a bubble bath when you get home , have some beers and watch cartoons, that always helps

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:24 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:

My t-shirt that says "Put me out of my misery... Please, Healy my Payne!!!" will always be with me XD

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:30 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Eledh wrote:

My t-shirt that says "Put me out of my misery... Please, Healy my Payne!!!" will always be with me XD

Hahaha, every pogoing fan needs one of those xD

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:39 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
take a bubble bath when you get home , have some beers and watch cartoons, that always helps

That would be great. My problem is that I'm too hyper after gigs to sit down and try to relax :oP

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:40 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:

Haha... well I have no use for this anymore...
http://photos-629.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v162/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30564337_8535.jpg

I think I should change it to, TRAVIS causes my Payne...

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:29 PM