Travis

The Police
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:38 AM Quote
Does anybody else here like this band?

I'm going to the two gigs they're doing here this weekend.
I've been a huge fan of the band for so long and it's such an incredible experience that I just can't believe it. Seriously, I'm so calm, it's so weird...
It's like my mind can't process the fact that a band thad had split up before I was born is doing two gigs in Argentina and I'm going to be there...

Re: The Police
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:39 AM Quote
ooooo me me me! I like The Police. Missed them when they were around here. Have fun!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:51 AM Quote
Cool!
Thanks! I will!
I'll be on Andy's side on saturday and on Sting's side on sunday :oP

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 5:54 AM Quote
You're going to TWO Police gigs?! TWO some people couldn't even get into one...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:00 AM Quote
This is only slightly related, but...At my high school we had this day called Friendship Day with a lot of activites, games and such and one of the games was a doughnut eating contest to Roxanne. The contestants had to eat a mini-powdered donought everytime they heard the word Roxanne in the song. It was so funny because it starts out slow and then they just lose it.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:01 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
This is only slightly related, but...At my high school we had this day called Friendship Day with a lot of activites, games and such and one of the games was a doughnut eating contest to Roxanne. The contestants had to eat a mini-powdered donought everytime they heard the word Roxanne in the song. It was so funny because it starts out slow and then they just lose it.

HAHAHAHA! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard... gotta try that sometime. It'd make a fabulous drinking game...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:03 AM Quote
I'm aware of how lucky I am! And got to buy my tickets on a presale, so I'll have good spots.
I saved all my salaries from the first half of the year just to buy those tickets. That's why I freaked out when I found out Travis was coming, because I didn't have any money left! But then I got a small job and it solved my problem :oP.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:06 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:

HAHAHAHA! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard... gotta try that sometime. It'd make a fabulous drinking game...

It probably originated as a drinking game...but can't really do that at a high school.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:07 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

Lol! That would be something to witness :oP

anace
anace Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:17 AM Quote
^^ indeed!

I like them.. I don't -love- them like other bands, but I do like them. Sadly I had to miss out on their 2 shows here this week because, well I'm not made of money! damn tickets were too expensive. I've spent too many on gigs this year :(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:30 AM Quote
anace wrote:
^^ indeed!

I like them.. I don't -love- them like other bands, but I do like them. Sadly I had to miss out on their 2 shows here this week because, well I'm not made of money! damn tickets were too expensive. I've spent too many on gigs this year :(

I know what you mean! I had never spent that much money on anything! Thank god I had savings xD

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:38 AM Quote
really like the Police too. Been to the Amsterdamgig. Great sound, cool new versions of some songs. They played practically every hit they ever had. Steward Copeland was on fire! Still missed the fun on stage you see with bands like TRAVIS and the interaction with the audience was nill, but this concert was at a massive football stadion so,that could be the problem.......
Hope you have a great time!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:41 AM Quote

I think the problem might be that they won't even acknowledge each other exists off stage, They all had a massive fall out when they split which has never healed. That said I heard the Croke Park gig in Dublin was totally amazing, I was a fan when younger, first album I ever bought was Outlandos D'amour.

Dubz

anace
anace Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 8:09 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
[quote="anace"]
I know what you mean! I had never spent that much money on anything! Thank god I had savings xD

They announced the dates in June, so I had time to save up. But then others gigs came, and school.. and people's birthdays and um, a situation @ my house. Then I decided I was going to ask to see them for my birthday, then the Travis gig came up so it was all done with.

So when are the gigs? do tell us all about them :)

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 8:50 AM Quote
I really hate Sting. He comes across as such a smug, self important, emm, well, Cunt to be honest. Not a fan. Him and Phil Collins annoy the shit out of me.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:12 AM