Travis

Curling is FUN!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
Last Saturday I went curling with my cousins and all of our significant others and friends. It started out as a joke because my cousin Jamie and I get crap for watching curling during the Olympics (it's quite mesmerizing). :) But we all ended up having a blast! None of us had been before, so we had two pros from the Detroit Curling Club instruct us and surprisingly, no one fell on their ass! I was also surprised that there were Scottish flags hanging above the ice surface. I knew the game was popular in Canada, but had no clue it was also Scottish! The pictures aren't very good, but here are a few. I'm in the second picture with the pink hoody "delivering the stone" :)

http://i18.tinypic.com/6jxuv6w.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/6sgv6gj.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/7xl59qe.jpg

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it! It's a lot of fun and WAY better than bowling! Just remember to bundle up cuz it's freezing in there!

Re: Curling is FUN!
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
is it? at the olympic games i thought it was quite boring...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 6:41 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
is it? at the olympic games i thought it was quite boring...

me too

much prefer curled up in bed

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
I watched Cross Canada Curling lots of times! We're sweeping, we're sweeping, we're sweeping! Where did you go?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 7:15 PM Quote
Ooh dya know that looks so fun lmao.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I watched Cross Canada Curling lots of times! We're sweeping, we're sweeping, we're sweeping! Where did you go?

Detroit Curling Club in Ferndale :)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
looks like this could be fun! skiing/snowboarding are the only winter sports we have around here.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Last Saturday I went curling with my cousins and all of our significant others and friends. It started out as a joke because my cousin Jamie and I get crap for watching curling during the Olympics (it's quite mesmerizing). :) But we all ended up having a blast! None of us had been before, so we had two pros from the Detroit Curling Club instruct us and surprisingly, no one fell on their ass! I was also surprised that there were Scottish flags hanging above the ice surface. I knew the game was popular in Canada, but had no clue it was also Scottish! The pictures aren't very good, but here are a few. I'm in the second picture with the pink hoody "delivering the stone" :)
If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it! It's a lot of fun and WAY better than bowling! Just remember to bundle up cuz it's freezing in there!

I've never tried it, but I've watched it since this is the only winter olympic sport where Denmark has any chance of winning anything lol

EDIT: Whoo-hoo! My first swapped post! I wrote the one below by Abs :D

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
Yay! A fellow curling fan! I don't know why, but I love watching it during the Olympics, as does my brother - everyone else thinks we're slightly bonkers. I've never actually tried it though. Not many curling facilities here.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
here we have public transportations strikes as a type of exercise

EDIT: I didn't write this, I wrote ashleyb's post. And who wrote mine? lol

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:46 PM Quote
to increase viewership, i think curling should get cool, colorful gear like the stuff the speed skaters wear. we need something to watch other than a broom and a stone! oh, and curlers that are babes or hunks couldn't hurt either ;-)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:48 PM Quote
the last 4 posts are strange

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:33 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Does this mean it's a triple swap? Cuz Abs has mine, and I have yours, so whose do you have, Hanne?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Hanne wrote:

Does this mean it's a triple swap? Cuz Abs has mine, and I have yours, so whose do you have, Hanne?

I'm guessing Abs' post, since it's something to do with strikes and public transportation. Kinda sounds French lol.

A triple swap then, eh? This whole post-swapping thing is becoming more and more advanced, it seems. Too complicated for me, I'm going to bed now... Goodnight!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:43 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
looks like this could be fun! skiing/snowboarding are the only winter sports we have around here.

you left out wrecking your car in the first rains of the season

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:33 AM