Travis

Ray LaMontagne
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 11:00 AM Quote
I bought a Jools Holland dvd (the Best Of Later) and he was on it. I'd forgotten how powerful his voice was, and now i'm in love with his music all over again.

Then again, it's not quite as brilliant as The Swell Season album. Had it on last night when i was in studying at my friend's nextdoor and it's pretty much perfection in an album. (as i type, one of the songs has just come on and my mp3 player is on shuffle. 1 in about 5000-odd chance of that!)

What is everyone else listening to at the minute?

Re: Ray LaMontagne
heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 05 Nov, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
totally agree about ray lamontagne. i like his cover of "crazy", way, way better than the original by gnarls barkley. and his cover duet with damo, "to love somebody" is nice as well.

next time he comes back here, i'm gonna see him.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 10:18 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I bought a Jools Holland dvd (the Best Of Later) and he was on it. I'd forgotten how powerful his voice was, and now i'm in love with his music all over again.

Then again, it's not quite as brilliant as The Swell Season album. Had it on last night when i was in studying at my friend's nextdoor and it's pretty much perfection in an album. (as i type, one of the songs has just come on and my mp3 player is on shuffle. 1 in about 5000-odd chance of that!)

I haven't really heard alot of his music. I remember the first time I heard Trouble and I fell in love with the song, I love his voice. I should try and listen to his other stuff. He's also touring and will be coming to Aberdeen and I am tempted to go!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 2:04 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I had the swell season in my hand at borders on saturday and then remembered that my wallet was empty :( It's sitting on the shelf there waiting for me.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:58 PM