Travis

Spot the Travis song!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 7:02 PM Quote
I started this thread because I heard a Travis song ('Driftwood') in the background of that show, "Scott Baio is 45 and Single." NO, I WASN'T WATCHING IT. I was channel surfing. Vh-1 is so stinky. So, if you spot a Travis song in a tv show, or commercial, or something, post it here!

Re: Spot the Travis song!
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 7:06 PM Quote
i spotted a travis song on an episode of the office (american version)..jim plays it on his ipod for pam to hear...i couldn't believe it.

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
NO, I WASN'T WATCHING IT.

LIAR!!! just kidding....I was watching a little bit of that show just now. sadly I didn't hear driftwood...but I do remember when I heard it on the office...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:09 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i spotted a travis song on an episode of the office (american version)..jim plays it on his ipod for pam to hear...i couldn't believe it.

Yeah, 'Sing' is in the episode 'The Client' of The Office. You just catch the beginning train (<--?) sound and the banjo. And then in the episode 'Email Surveillence' you hear 'Side' when Jim is showing everyone his home. I love The Office, but I love Travis even more.

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
I love Travis....I love the Office....and I love that someone at the Office loves Travis.

yea!! :)

Anytime I catch a Travis song here or there it brings a smile to my face. Sometimes you can catch them at department stores! ;) I've even heard them at **gasp** Home Depot. ha ha! I remember ~ because I stopped, sung loudly, swayed, and embarrassed my hubby!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:16 PM Quote
same here! my friend still refuses to watch the american version...the original version is certainly classic...but i like 'em both.

...she doesn't give Travis much love either come to think of it...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
lizbeth0619 wrote:
Sometimes you can catch them at department stores! ;) I've even heard them at **gasp** Home Depot. ha ha! I remember ~ because I stopped, sung loudly, swayed, and embarrassed my hubby!

i've done that!! twice! i screamed "it's Travis!" to my friend an aisle away when side came one...and i did it to my mom once as well...i never stop to think people will look at me funny...i deal with that afterward! haha

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
Closer was playing in the background of an Eastenders scene the other night, how sad am i watching eastenders, Also Selfish Jean was the background for an advert for a tv show cant remeber what the show was now but it was on the run up to the release of the single

doisneau7
doisneau7 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
My favorite was when I was in the grocery store and Closer came on. Couldn't help thinking of the video as the song played over the PA :)

loria
loria Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
I think in the most recent (US) season of Scrubs there was an interlude where Turn was being played, almost in its entirety. Two of my favourite things at once - Travis and Scrubs :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
Re-offender was in One Tree Hill during first season.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 11:40 PM Quote
loria wrote:
I think in the most recent (US) season of Scrubs there was an interlude where Turn was being played, almost in its entirety. Two of my favourite things at once - Travis and Scrubs :)

i've slacked on the last two seasons...have to get season 5 on dvd still...cripes...i'm sad i missed it! haha...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 12:07 AM Quote
loria wrote:
Two of my favourite things at once - Travis and Scrubs :)

Me too! I love it :)

And I mentioned this somewhere else, but Closer was played at the end of a season two Kyle XY episode.

feri
feri Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 2:57 AM Quote
I heard it on the show as well!!! lol I usually hear my fave songs on VH1 shows actually. Like Kasabian and etc.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 5:31 AM Quote
There was this show on The-N back in the day when they use to be good and not devote all their time to Decrappi... I mean Degrassi. It was called 24Seven and it was about these kids in this English posh boarding school.
Well, I found some episodes a couple weeks back on YT, and this show had AWESOME music, I was just too young (12 or 13) to appreciate it. It had Stereophonics ('Pick A Part That's New'), Radiohead ('High & Dry'), and our favorite Scottish Lads... Travis. They played 'Side,' and 'Sing.'

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:07 PM