Travis

Good Friday me hoop !!!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 9:41 AM Quote
What's so good about it ??

All the Pubs and off Licenses are closed, No Alcohol to be sold on "good" Friday here in The Republican Free State of Ireland, what's the point of giving you a day off and then closing all the fun places ?? It's like giving a dog a bone and nowhere to bury it.

Dubz

*edit* and the Telly's shite as well!!

Re: Good Friday me hoop !!!
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 9:50 AM Quote
I'm off to the rugby to watch Salford get trashed, woo! Full of a cold, hungover and other stuff, yey today should be a great day for me too!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:02 AM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I'm off to the rugby to watch Salford get trashed, woo! Full of a cold, hungover and other stuff, yey today should be a great day for me too!

You don't know if they'll get trashed yet, they may surprise you, I hope (KTF). As for the other stuff, it's the weekend tou could always go out and get hammered with your mates later, it'll help with your hangover too ;-)

Dubz

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:06 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Helen *the original* wrote:

You don't know if they'll get trashed yet, they may surprise you, I hope (KTF). As for the other stuff, it's the weekend tou could always go out and get hammered with your mates later, it'll help with your hangover too ;-)

Dubz

That's the bad thing, no ones out this weekend! Bank holiday weekend and no one is around, blah!

mili
mili Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:09 AM Quote
The Finnish name for the day translates as "Long Friday". It feels like it.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 11:08 AM Quote
I'm working!!! :(

What's good about that?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 11:12 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

What's good about that?

I thought you worked in a library ?? That's like a public service building, open on Good Friday, totally uncool W. That's Sacrilige in the South!!! Kill the heretics, even if they did say Jehovah.

Dubz

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 11:28 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

What's good about that?

What's your library doing open?!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 12:26 PM Quote
I am spending the day in bed recovering from a horrendous hangover. If it wasn't good friday I would be at work doing shitty accountants stuff.....so it seems pretty 'good' to me!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
Im off work during the day, but have to go in tonight. and tomorrow, which blows chunks. Not that tomorrow is even a holiday but it just sucks because I dont usually work weekends. No long weekend for me. Boo!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 3:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im off work during the day, but have to go in tonight. and tomorrow, which blows chunks. Not that tomorrow is even a holiday but it just sucks because I dont usually work weekends. No long weekend for me. Boo!

uber rad Flipper reference Kristy !

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2539/flipperfrontkd5.jpg

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 6:48 PM Quote
Urgh, I hate that phrase, makes me feel unwell.

Does anyone know why it is called Good Friday?
Wish I had hot cross buns, they're such and Easter thing. And yummy.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
We are so spoiled! I think we can live without partying for a weekend. It can be pretty nice to just take things easy and have a cup of coffee or two with a dear friend in the sun :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
We are so spoiled! I think we can live without partying for a weekend. It can be pretty nice to just take things easy and have a cup of coffee or two with a dear friend in the sun :)

What's this "we" shit paleface ??

I'd much rather have the choice, instead of having an outdated religious ban forced upon the nation, does abstaining from boozing and/or gambling and/or meat make you a better Christian ???

Dubz

dee
dee Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

What's this "we" shit paleface ??

I'd much rather have the choice, instead of having an outdated religious ban forced upon the nation, does abstaining from boozing and/or gambling and/or meat make you a better Christian ???

Dubz

i was going to call my band the paleface, now i can't cause you've made it an insult

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:46 AM