Travis

I shall lurk no more!
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 10:55 AM Quote
hey boardies! i used to be on this thing like 4 or 5 years ago and have come back! i've honestly been lurking for about a week now, too shy to get back in the game. but i have decided to lurk no more! i've recently moved to the UK and am not allowed to work per my visa restrictions SO i am kinda just stuck at home being a house wife w/ very little house to take care of. so i guess i will come here to entertain myself.

on that note: while Travis was in Chicago last year, Fran had on his art, music, jaffa cakes shirt, and i had no idea what jaffa cakes were. and so then i moved here and have tried them and they are WONDERFUL. my husband and i consider them like bread or milk, we have a CONSTANT supply. i believe i will miss them most when we go back to the States...

anyway.... i'm back!

Re: I shall lurk no more!
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
Nice to see you, to see you nice.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
Hey,

Hope that you are enjoying life here in Blighty?
I can't imagine life with out Jaffa Cakes, it's too depressing to even contemplate!

x

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
well, it certainly has been an interesting change in scenery! on the whole, yes i am enjoying my time here, but i absolutely miss Chicago.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
glad you aren't lurking amymore. I wonder about those lurkers and am happy when they step out of the shadows.

So are you married to a British guy? How did you end up there?

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
I'll bet, but I'm sure it will get easier for you hear as time goes on.
Have you tried any other 'British' foods yet?? Fish and chips? Steak and Ale pie? Haggis????

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

So are you married to a British guy? How did you end up there?

No, i am married to an American. we ended up here cuz my hubby's company allows him to do diff jobs in diff locations for 9 mos at a time. SO we were like "let's go abroad" and this is where we ended up. i am very pleased w/ the placement!

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
Have you tried any other 'British' foods yet?? Fish and chips? Steak and Ale pie? Haggis????

YES, i have had fish and chips, and shepherd's pie. i am intrigued by haggis, but just knowing what it actually is turns me off. i am sure there are a lot of foods that taste fine, but just knowing exactly what it is, i just can't bring myself to try! like calamari. i know ppl who LOVE it, but i just can't bring myself to try it!!

oh, one other thing that i absolutely LOVE is cider!! there is nothing like that in the States and i LOVE it. i am not a big beer fan, but cider... THAT i like.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
Hey Lizzie! Welcome to the board...again! :) Glad you're not lurking anymore!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

YES, i have had fish and chips, and shepherd's pie. i am intrigued by haggis, but just knowing what it actually is turns me off. i am sure there are a lot of foods that taste fine, but just knowing exactly what it is, i just can't bring myself to try! like calamari. i know ppl who LOVE it, but i just can't bring myself to try it!!

oh, one other thing that i absolutely LOVE is cider!! there is nothing like that in the States and i LOVE it. i am not a big beer fan, but cider... THAT i like.

A fellow Cider fan.....welcome to my world!!!
I looooove Cider. I have at least 1 glass on a Friday evening....sometimes a few more!!!
Have you tried Scrumpy Jack cider?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

mmm, cider! and haggis isnt so bad.
Welcome to the board! The fact that your lurked for a week and saw how crazy we all are, and still decided to post means that you are brave!
welcome

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

I looooove Cider. I have at least 1 glass on a Friday evening....sometimes a few more!!!

no i have not, but if u recommend it then i should look for it!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

no i have not, but if u recommend it then i should look for it!

Yes, I would definitely recommend!!!
The canned stuff isn't so great cos it has got a bit of a chemically taste, but if you get the chance to go in a real ale pub that sells it on draught give it a go.....
BE WARNED though, it will knock u on ur backside!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
Welcome to the board!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:08 AM Quote
Hello and welcome (back)!
I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and joined us in the posting madness :oP

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:21 PM