Travis

Re: All Alone on Satruday Night
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 3:44 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
heyjude wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
It is hilarious and good all at the same time.

totally agree!! a rock band in bangkok, thailand covering travis. pretty good.

Ummmmm, maybe I'm just in that bad of a mood, but ummmm, yea, no. It didn't do it for me. However, I don't dig covers so much especially covers of bands I really like. Maybe I should just start drinkin ;)

who bout weird mommys' hommies ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F_U_NYcclI

but again I'm a fan of Roky Erickson

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 3:46 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Ummmmm, maybe I'm just in that bad of a mood, but ummmm, yea, no. It didn't do it for me. However, I don't dig covers so much especially covers of bands I really like. Maybe I should just start drinkin ;)

If that didn't make you giggle then I think you do need a drink. : 0

Sorry you're in such a bad mood. Just sad to be back in WA? You're moving back soon-ish, right? And we'll meet and have a play date during the day and rawk out at night, right?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 3:52 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

If that didn't make you giggle then I think you do need a drink. : 0

Sorry you're in such a bad mood. Just sad to be back in WA? You're moving back soon-ish, right? And we'll meet and have a play date during the day and rawk out at night, right?

Yea it's sucking real bad being here after being in Houston for 2 weeks, which really wasn't enough. It looks like I'll be moving back Oct/Nov, not soon enough if you ask me ;) I'll keep ya posted, ya never know, I may end up in Austin :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 4:01 AM Quote
Anne! LMAO! I was laughing so hard at the asian Travis "Closer" cover that my mom came running up the stairs to see if I was OK. >.<

Back to the game.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 4:04 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Anne! LMAO! I was laughing so hard at the asian Travis "Closer" cover that my mom came running up the stairs to see if I was OK. >.<

Back to the game.

ha ha ha! hi nikki! me too, back to my movie.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 4:43 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Yea it's sucking real bad being here after being in Houston for 2 weeks, which really wasn't enough. It looks like I'll be moving back Oct/Nov, not soon enough if you ask me ;) I'll keep ya posted, ya never know, I may end up in Austin :)

You'll get back in the swing of things soon. We go to Houston quite often (both sets of families live there) so we hopefully will meet once you get back to Tex-ass.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 5:21 AM Quote
I just finished watching a really crap movie. Ahhhh Saturday night sucks. I think the worse thing that could happen now is if I sit in my room, listen to Damien Rice's O while drinking some heavy liquor. That would be rock bottom.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 5:40 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I just finished watching a really crap movie. Ahhhh Saturday night sucks. I think the worse thing that could happen now is if I sit in my room, listen to Damien Rice's O while drinking some heavy liquor. That would be rock bottom.

resist the temptation, i say!

stones taught me to fly...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 5:55 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Love, it taught me to lie...

Oh woe is me!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 6:23 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
heyjude wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Love, it taught me to lie...

Oh woe is me!

so come on courage, teach me to be shy...

go on!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 6:33 AM Quote
Well, if you're going to jump to the third verse then the one I said should have been love, it taught me to cry.

And then I say: Cause it's not hard to fall, and I don't want to scare her....

I think my personal favorite off of that album is either Delicate or Amie... or I Remember.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 7:34 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Well, if you're going to jump to the third verse then the one I said should have been love, it taught me to cry.

I think my personal favorite off of that album is either Delicate or Amie... or I Remember.

ha ha ha! jump, i did! sorry about that. was too distracted, was watching "dead poets society" and it made me cry like a baby. again. WEHH.

my all-time damo faves are "older chests" and "sand", followed by "cannonball" and "volcano".

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 7:39 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

ha ha ha! jumped, i did! sorry about that. was too distracted, was watching "dead poets society" and it made me cry like a baby. again. WEHH.

my all-time damo faves are "older chests" and "sand", followed by "cannonball" and "volcano".

Mmmmmm. Volcano. I've always loved that one too. I think it has a great minimalist quality to it, you know? Apparently Damo and Lisa Hannegan have ended their professional relationship. Bummer.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 7:43 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
heyjude wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

ha ha ha! jumped, i did! sorry about that. was too distracted, was watching "dead poets society" and it made me cry like a baby. again. WEHH.

Mmmmmm. Volcano. I've always loved that one too. I think it has a great minimalist quality to it, you know? Apparently Damo and Lisa Hannegan have ended their professional relationship. Bummer.

yep. sad :-( i was lucky to see a gig with both of them. can you believe she's going out with gary lightbody (snow patrol)! some surprise...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 30 Dec, 2007 7:49 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:

yep. sad :-( i was lucky to see a gig with both of them. can you believe she's going out with gary lightbody (snow patrol)! some surprise...

What?! That is quite shocking. Well not really shocking, but you know, did not see that coming. I guess they're both Irish and in the music business so... whatever.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 1:51 PM