Travis

Re: It's the freakin' weekend!
heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:33 AM Quote
hello all! i'm taking a 5 min. break. still got a lot to do though.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:36 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Ashley, you live in the dorms... right?

I lived in dorms last year. It takes some getting used to. Are they co-ed? My floor happend to be all girls so I didn't have to deal with the whole co-ed bathroom situation. It was enough when I visited my friends at other schools. Do you know your roommate yet?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:37 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:

heyjude! It is a greeting and your name. Cool :D What was your major at UCD?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:38 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

I've gotta admit, I don't know if I'm looking forward to dorm life. The dorms at the school are... uh.. homey. And if I live off campus, eventually, it's going to be hard to find a place in D.C. But it's a nice city. I had fun when I visited. And I want to take classes at Georgetown. We have in inter city exchange thing that allows you to take classes at different universities.

...nope... i live at home- you guys ought to take my insistence that i'm a loser more seriously ;P I've heard some pretty bad stories about dorm life, and thought it would save money, so i'm still with my mom and dad. But in dc I don't think you have much of a choice, cost of living being so expensive. when are you heading out there again?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:40 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

I've gotta admit, I don't know if I'm looking forward to dorm life. The dorms at the school are... uh.. homey. And if I live off campus, eventually, it's going to be hard to find a place in D.C. But it's a nice city. I had fun when I visited. And I want to take classes at Georgetown. We have in inter city exchange thing that allows you to take classes at different universities.

...nope... i live at home- you guys ought to take my insistences that i'm a loser more seriously ;P I've heard some pretty bad stories about dorm life, and thought it would save money, so i'm still with my mom and dad. But in dc I don't think you have much of a choice, cost of living being so expensive. when are you heading out there again?

Haha. don't worry you're not a loser! :) I'm living at home this year. SAVES LOADS OF MONEY. And I really don't have plans of living in an apartment next year either. Maybe the year after that.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:44 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

...nope... i live at home- you guys ought to take my insistences that i'm a loser more seriously ;P I've heard some pretty bad stories about dorm life, and thought it would save money, so i'm still with my mom and dad. But in dc I don't think you have much of a choice, cost of living being so expensive. when are you heading out there again?

Haha. don't worry you're not a loser! :) I'm living at home this year. SAVES LOADS OF MONEY. And I really don't have plans of living in an apartment next year either. Maybe the year after that.

haha phew! yeah, i don't really see myself moving out anytime in the near future. My poor parents...

heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:46 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
heyjude wrote:

hi lindsey! i started with being an environmental studies major and ended up with art history. pretty crazy huh? anyway when i lived in the dorms, i lived on an all-girls floor, too!

hey, you know about the UC intercampus exchange program? i got on it and went to berkeley for a semester. it's cause all my friends were at berkeley. fun :-)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:47 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
[haha phew! yeah, i don't really see myself moving out anytime in the near future. My poor parents...

Lol. What year are you in school?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:49 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
heyjude wrote:

hi lindsey! i started with being an environmental studies major and ended up with art history. pretty crazy huh? anyway when i lived in the dorms, i lived on an all-girls floor, too!

hey, you know about the UC intercampus exchange program? i got on it and went to berkeley for a semester. it's cause all my friends were at berkeley. fun :-)

I'm considering the evironmental and resource sciences major...although technically I'm animal bio right now. I didn't know about that exchange program. Sounds like fun since all my friends are at berkeley too!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:49 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

...nope... i live at home- you guys ought to take my insistence that i'm a loser more seriously ;P I've heard some pretty bad stories about dorm life, and thought it would save money, so i'm still with my mom and dad. But in dc I don't think you have much of a choice, cost of living being so expensive. when are you heading out there again?

January. And I don't know who my roomie is yet... I can bet you ten dollars they will not like my music taste...

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:50 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
[haha phew! yeah, i don't really see myself moving out anytime in the near future. My poor parents...

Lol. What year are you in school?

UF. and yourself? (i'm losing track of where all the boardies are from, there's just so many of you guys!)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:51 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I can bet you ten dollars they will not like my music taste...

that's because few people in the states have as good of taste in music as us boardies ;)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:55 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
[UF. and yourself? (i'm losing track of where all the boardies are from, there's just so many of you guys!)

I'm a 2nd year at UC Davis. Which happens to be heyjudes alma matter!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:56 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
January. And I don't know who my roomie is yet... I can bet you ten dollars they will not like my music taste...

Blast that Travis!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 3:58 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
[UF. and yourself? (i'm losing track of where all the boardies are from, there's just so many of you guys!)

I'm a 2nd year at UC Davis. Which happens to be heyjudes alma matter!

awesome! small world, eh?

Ok, I have once again raided the medicine cabinet for all cold related medicines, which can only mean that it's bedtime. goodnight all!

Pages Previous 1...30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:42 PM