Anything "nice" to see there?

The M56? It's an engineering marvel

oh how cool =P

Re: Manchester
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
To be fair , the description given above sounds like the Arndale, iam sure you would agree. But i love the place. Its somewhere i would happily live if i had reason to.

Sorry Gladders but my limited command of english prevent me from understanding your humour in both your posts...and what you mean...?

It also prevented you from understanding i wasnt being humorous. :)

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
To be fair , the description given above sounds like the Arndale, iam sure you would agree. But i love the place. Its somewhere i would happily live if i had reason to.

Sorry Gladders but my limited command of english prevent me from understanding your humour in both your posts...and what you mean...?

indeed, i can see that you're just beeing little...:)

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

indeed, i can see that you're just beeing little...:)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Wrong again.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Sounds like Dundee.

There was a wee man from Dundee
Who Signed on Social Securitee
He signed on and signed on
and signed on and signed on and signed on and signed on and signed on and signed on.....

Jerry Sadowitz

Dubz

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
Well I was born in Manchester and have lived there for the whole 19 years of my life, so I reckon I should show my input.

Right okay, well in Manchester firstly there are the two football clubs, United and City if you like football. If you like gigs there is the Manchester Evening News Arena, the Appollo and the Academy which is attached to the Manchester Uni Student Union, Academy 1 and 2 are generally the bigger bands, then smaller bands play at Academy 3 and I've heard that Nirvana once played in Academy 3 too, not sure how true that is though.

Then there's clubs, such as Rock Kitchen, Jilly's and so on for people who like rock or metal, 42's and 5th Ave for people who like indie and there's a cabaret club, The Birdcage. Loadsa pubs and bars about too.

For shopping there are loads of chainstores but some smaller stores too. Market Street is where the Chainstores are mainly and the Arndale Center, then there are the smaller shops, Piccadilly Records, Viynal Exchange, Forbidden Planet etc. around Oldham Street.

Then there's all the suburbs around Manchester and stuff with their own villages etc.

edit- Oh and there is the big wheel outside Marks and Spencers and Selfridges.

mili
mili Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
seems like all of you like or love the place but really...is it great cause of shopping and drinking? That's pretty much what I get from your posts.

It's not too far from Yorkshire, the Dales etc. Beautiful area ;^)

[ducks under the table]*

*War of the Roses is still going strong in mental level.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
MADHESTAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Sorry I am far too excited bout my visit up there this weekend, I've been set up with two GORGEOUS manc brothers apparently, LUCKY ME!!!

:D

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Sorry I am far too excited bout my visit up there this weekend, I've been set up with two GORGEOUS manc brothers apparently, LUCKY ME!!!

would those brothers be named noel and liam? LOL! sorry, couldn't help myself :-D

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

would those brothers be named noel and liam? LOL! sorry, couldn't help myself :-D

Ohhhh I WISH!!! Apparently they have Oasis hair tho, I might end up just calling em the Gallaghers. Sexy fellaas!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
mili wrote:
sorry angel wrote:
seems like all of you like or love the place but really...is it great cause of shopping and drinking? That's pretty much what I get from your posts.

It's not too far from Yorkshire, the Dales etc. Beautiful area ;^)

[ducks under the table]*

*War of the Roses is still going strong in mental level.

Thanks, i haven't been to the Dales but went to Yorkshire and York and THAT is a gorgeous place.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 1:12 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

Thanks, i haven't been to the Dales but went to Yorkshire and York and THAT is a gorgeous place.

Oooh, I might be moving to York in the summer, fingers crossed!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
I don't like Manchester, I just don't feel at ease whenever I'm there, and I've been quite a few times. I must've missed all these friendly people.

Give me Sheffield anyday, down to earth people, and great humour.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
And now for a less emotive answer, it's a great city! Well, depending on whether you enjoy shopping, going out and other such things... People are generally really friendly, and the chippies are muuuch better than anywhere down south!! You got good football there as well!

ANd ohhh my god, the lads are fit!!! :D
And it gave birth to the best bands in the world! (excluding Simply Red, we are all allowed to make a mistake eh)

Oh god that made me laugh!! Hope you'll have the time of you fooking life indeed!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:04 AM