Travis

Re: Which track has helped you through a BAD time?
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
Mine is also More Than Us, the song always, ALWAYS makes me cry or tear up at the very least(yes, I'm a sap), and when I'm down and need to get it out, that's the one for me :)

spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
All of them! I always seem to be having a bad time ( stressful job) but then I play all the same when I am very happy :-) I dont find the consistency with other music although I do listen to other music but not anywhere near the same degree.

What do you do?

Independant Financial Advisor ( OW!)

Ahh, i suspect that can be bad - i wouldn't know though as our FA does exactly that and is REALLY slow and useless. A 10 min job takes him about 1 1/2 hours. Bleurgh

Is that because he is logged on to Travisonline haha

Oh no. He is NOWHERE near that cool!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
Writing To Reach You, Happy To Hang Around, Follow The Light, Driftwood, Pipe Dreams, Walking Down The Hill (12 Memories is an excellent album to listen to when you're sad)...
I don't know. Travis songs in general help me to go through whatever I'm going through.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
with any doubt...

Safe

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:
with any doubt...

Safe

Ooh Safe...good one. Also More Than Us and The Connection.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
galletitabonita wrote:
with any doubt...

Safe

Ooh Safe...good one. Also More Than Us and The Connection.

ohh yes, More tha us is so special

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Mine is also More Than Us, the song always, ALWAYS makes me cry or tear up at the very least(yes, I'm a sap), and when I'm down and need to get it out, that's the one for me :)

I overplayed More Than Us, but I love it in it's place at the end of GF. I Love You Anyways is an amazing song, and Falling Down is also brilliant. I love its slow, sad solo.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
Sailing away (specially)

Out in space

The cage

Writing to reach you

Turn

varz
varz Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

I Love You Anyways is an amazing song, and Falling Down is also brilliant. I love its slow, sad solo.

Theres something so gorgeous about I Love You Anyways

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 2:03 AM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
Sailing away (specially)

The same with me...

Also:
Writing to reach you
WDIAROM
Say Hello

And a lot... (I don`t remember)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
Sailing Away
I love you anyways
WDIAROM
When I'm feeling blue

Travis' songs help all the time, not just the bad times =)

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Mine was/is Follow the Light - when my mum was dying (taken off the ventilator given 1/2 hour to live and then taking 10 days to finnaly go) I had this playing almost constantly. It was surreally soothing and really, really helped in an appalling situation. it almost became a prayer and it stills brings a tear to my eye when i hear it.

Now i'm off to think of a happier example!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I couldnt help noticing your post though because it seems like a strange coincidence for me as I had a similar thing when my nan passed away.

She was in hospital for a week or two before she passed away. I didn't see her whilst she was in hospital but each day whilst driving to work I would also listen to this song whilst feeling very sad and upset.

Every time I hear it now I usually think of my Nan. She never heard the song and I think it just came on randomly on ipod when I was driving but I think it just made me feel slightly better. I really like some of the words in the song and the music that goes with it.

marcela_lm
marcela_lm Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 5:47 AM Quote
SAILING AWAY!
When they played it in Austin (after I was yelling SAILING from the top of my lungs)
I had to hold my tears. It was awesome ! great song... helped me through a rough year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uZGa8JPSs6s

spid
spid Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 11:13 AM Quote
Jimmy_Jimmy wrote:
spid wrote:
Mine was/is Follow the Light - when my mum was dying (taken off the ventilator given 1/2 hour to live and then taking 10 days to finnaly go) I had this playing almost constantly. It was surreally soothing and really, really helped in an appalling situation. it almost became a prayer and it stills brings a tear to my eye when i hear it.

Now i'm off to think of a happier example!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I couldnt help noticing your post though because it seems like a strange coincidence for me as I had a similar thing when my nan passed away.

She was in hospital for a week or two before she passed away. I didn't see her whilst she was in hospital but each day whilst driving to work I would also listen to this song whilst feeling very sad and upset.

Every time I hear it now I usually think of my Nan. She never heard the song and I think it just came on randomly on ipod when I was driving but I think it just made me feel slightly better. I really like some of the words in the song and the music that goes with it.

it's like that isn't it. A sad time but a song that helped us through it!

kurai
kurai Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
WDIAROM - this song was and will always be special to me. Everytime, something bad happens, I listen to that song and I automatically feel better - I can´t describe why. For example a few weeks ago my sister was really ill. She was far away from me and I was so worried about her. Then I heard WDIAROM on the radio and I had the feeling that everything would be ok in the end. And so it was.

the humpty dumpty love song - a person I really loved and trusted, broke my heart into little pieces - I´ve still got the feeling that it never healed.
And "more than us" is connected with that experience - I played the song to him to make him understand how I feel through the music - but he didn´t get it. Maybe we were never supposed to be with each other.

Walking in the Sun - this song always makes me happy again. It always gives me strength and the courage to move on, no matter how hard it is going to be - it´s the same with "the day today" - one of my favourite Travis songs.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:15 AM